Review of "New ID Studios"

published 16/05/2012 | bingojane
Member since : 16/05/2012
Pro Great makeup and great photoso
Cons no hair wash and cut, shoddy drinks
Hygiene
Staff service
Price level

"New ID Celebrity makeover "

I got the Celebrity deal with New ID, it was twenty five pounds and included the following.

• • Welcome & Consultation
  • • Professional Make-up Application
  • • Dry Hair Styling
  • • Professional Photoshoot
  • • View your Photoshoot
  • • Complimentary 5x7 Branded Print
  • • Complimentary Drinks Available Throughout

I must have read it wrong because I was expecting to have a hair wash and a hair cut that I desperately needed I didn’t notice that it was just dry hair styling. Lucky for me I have very long hair so they put it up very creatively for me, I was pretty impressed even though I was disappointed with the lack of wash and cut. All of the staff were pretty nice. The photographer was the best of them all, he was very funny and put me in a good mood and took so many photos, I thought it was a bit ridiculous really because I told them I only wanted to buy three or four. The prices are way above what your average student can afford. The three I got were 12 x 8. That was all I could really justify spending at seventy pounds each. I was over the moon with them, just not so enamored with the price. The makeover photoshoot took just under three hours, which is pretty good form what I have read here and on other sites. I didn’t have to wait around for anything very much, but then I did choose a week day appointment. The free booze was not great, it was Bucks Fizz, I work in a bar in the evenings and I would be shot if I served that but when its free I suppose you cant winge. The salon was clean and had a nice atmosphere it is in Birmingham, Cheltenham House, Temple Street, its up some dodgy steps, the lift was out of order when I was there, it is not a very grand entrance at all but its nice when you get up there. The staff are great and make you feel very welcome. There were no nasty surprises or hard sales tactics. The makeup was done nicely, the products were OK and I was pretty happy with the look they gave me, it was not what I would have chosen but that was the whole point in going!

• MAFARRIMOND published 16/05/2012
    Sounds like a reasonable deal. I have professional photos taken with the grandchildren - I only wanted one picture but had to sit through an hour's presentation before choosing what I wanted.
  • RICHADA published 16/05/2012
    Sounds as though you did ok for your £25 here. R.