The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
This is my favourite celebrity magazine, there are many that are similar; Heat, Star, Now, Reveal and this one: New! The magazines listed above all include very similar stories from week to week, if you've read one there isn't much point reading another of them.
The current issue has about 80 pages, the same size as many of the others available. I do like Heat, it's a thicker magazine but it's the most expensive one and the TV guide, in my eyes 'wastes' 20 pages of magazine space. New! Doesn't contain a TV guide so the pages are chock-a-block with stuff I actually want to bother to read.
This magazine will set you back a mere 80p a week! The cheapest available in this type of mag; its advertised on the cover as '40p cheaper than Now' and it is cheaper than the rest too. I bought this issue last week from WhSmiths, I was bored stuck at the train station waiting for a later train because somebody made me miss the one I wanted to get!!
~~The cover~~ The issue I'm looking at as I write this review is last weeks, Issue 284 October 6th. It comes out every Tuesday. The cover is in very bright colours and catches your eye when it's up on the shelf with other magazines. It is mainly hot pink and bright blue with yellow and orange too.
The main story this issue is 'Skinny Celebs Speak out' with pictures of two of the celebrities very famous for their skinniness! Jordan and Posh Spice, both putting across their opinions on their rumoured eating problems. The other stories on the cover include Catfights at Strictly come dancing, Jades cancer story update and Peter Andre's anger.
~~The contents~~ On the first page inside the magazine, there's the usual editors letter outlining the best gossip and stories in the magazine. There is also an article called 'The New! View' which tells of what the people in the New! office are talking about that week, this issue its all about the X-Factor.
There is also the contents list on the first page; this is broken down into the following 8 sections:
* Stories of the week These include 'Papped' which are the favourite photos from the papparazi that week. A page of 'The outfits' Who wore what where, and was it good? This week its photographs are from the Emmy Awards and include celebrities such as Heidi Klum and Teri Hatcher. The other stories of the week include the cover stories.
* Whats new This week this section includes the latest gossip from the X-Factor in a double-page spread. There are also the hottest celebrity stories from the week including Lily Allen and Daisy Lowe.
* Celebs this week More celebritry gossip, the celebrities who have been in the news the most this week.
* New! columns The columnists at New! are great, I really enjoy reading Peter Andres column which always includes snippets from his family life and usually putting the story straight over one of the many rumours circulating about his family. The other columnists include Alex Gerrard: a fashion column and Kate Garraway from GMTV.
* Fashion and beauty The latest fashion trends and must buy products. There is also a page you can write into if you see a celeb wearing something you love, the mag will then find out where you can buy it; this is called 'Love it? Get it!' There is also a make-up feature weekly, new products and what the celebrities are wearing etc.
* New! you Here are the readers real life stories and also a weekly report into a current issue, this week 'Is bread making you fat?'
* New! review A look at the best things to watch and listen to. Top CDs, TV, DVD releases and new films at the cinema. This is a useful feature of the magazine, always good to keep up to date with these releases.
* In every issue These include Readers letters, a problem page, horoscopes, recipes and on the last page 'Favourite things': every week a different celebrity lists their top things, this week it's the gorgeous Dita Von Teese talking about her love of Christian Dior and Wonderbra amongst other things.
So a must have magazine for all us girls who like a bit of escapism for an hour or so. Something for everyone, the only magazine you need to buy. A bargain price too.
They have recently changed the front cover. There used to be a huge 40p on it, stating that it was 40p cheaper than other mags but now they've changed it to a bit 80p. I was gutted as the man used to only charge me 40p for it.......he's going blind poor chap xx