Next (Shop)

published 27/12/2000 | lec299
Member since : 04/12/2000
Satisfactory
Pro Good selection.
Cons Chaotic, crowded, rude staff, no changing rooms.
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Do battle with the January Sales"

I have just spent a day out at the January (it gets earlier every year) sales. I am contented, though exhausted, and thought I'd let you know about a few of the shops and the quality of their 'sale'.

'Next' was perhaps the most exhausting shop that I entered. They opened their doors at 6 this morning, so that the keenest shoppers could pack up their bargains whilst the less serious of us were still tucked up in bed. I went into the shop at 11.30 am, and was instantly struck by hundreds of panicking, chaotic people all diving into the racks as if their life depended on it. I was ready to leave before I'd even started, but thought that I'd stick it out.

I eventually, after a lot of searching, found a pair of jeans that had been reduced from £40 to £13. I thought I'd try them on. But, lo and behold, they had shut their changing rooms for the day. Very helpful. Posters were plastered around the shop promising that you could return anything unsatisfactory and a full refund would be given. Sod it, I thought. I decided to queue up and buy the jeans to avoid any more confusion.

This proved to be another problem. The 'Next' staff had drawn out a maze of blue lines on the floor and were adament that the queue should follow its direction. They stood beside the queue, screaming orders to the weary shoppers (that were already having to do battle with screaming year olds and whether or not to buy the items without knowing whether they fit or not.)

I just about managed to get out of the shop. And suprise, suprise - the offending article was at least a size too big. I will be returning the item as soon as possible - and this will be the last time that I do battle with heir shop.

This review was read 2005 times and was rated at

• aurore80 published 08/07/2004
    it is pricy enough...
  • paule23 published 30/12/2000
    Yup, sale time at Next is definately a time to sharpen those elbows! I go every time there is a sale, and every time I go I regret it. Most of the stock is rubbish and everyone is harrassed. Why bother I ask myself?

Product Information : Next (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 31/08/2000