Next (Shop)

Next (Shop)

Review of "Next (Shop)"

published 02/02/2005 | star333
Member since : 07/09/2004
Pro Good quality clothes, lots of branches, good prices
Cons none
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"NEXT !"

I can't believe that I haven't wrote a review on NEXT before now. This is the only shop where I buy my childrens clothes from, clothing for myself and most of my homewear

WHAT IS NEXT
~~~~~~~~~~~~
NEXT is a retailer that sells Ladies, Mens, childrens clothes, home wear and accessories.

The first NEXT store opened in February 1982 with an exclusive co-ordinated collection of stylish clothes, shoes and accessories for women. Collections for men, children and everything for the well dressed home followed.
As that was a big successes, a catalogue was launched in 1988 called Next Directory which was and still is a big successes.

If you don't know anything about what NEXT is or what NEXT sells please carry on reading.................

WOMENS WEAR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The range of clothing within the womenswear range is very varied and caters for sizes 6-20.

CASUAL WEAR
Next do a huge range of casual wear for women, all different sizes and colours.
They sell a hugh range of casual wear from trousers with longer lenghts which is really helpful for me as well as standad lenghts.
They have a good range of tops and bottoms all kinds of matrial and styles

MATERNITY WEAR
The maternity wear in next is excellent, I bought a pair of trousers from next for £22.99 when I was 6 months prengent and fitted me perfect. The maternity wear is well worth a look.

BRIDAL WEAR
Next do a hugh range of bridal wear, for men, women and children, they have a hugh range of wedding suits, dress shirts, waistcoats and dresses and not forgetting tiaras. They come in some lovely colours white, cream, peach etc

SWIMWEAR
Next sell really good quality swimwear, I bought a bikini from here last summer and payed £30 for it, some people might say thats quite alot of money just for a bikini but it will last me a few years, the colours are still bright after washing it a few times and the elastic is still good.
Next sell bikinis, swimsuits and sarongs in all different colours and the prices are really good if they last you a few years

NIGHTWEAR
I haven't brought any nightwear from next before, but my sister has and when I use to sleep there I sometimes forget my pyjamas so I use to borrow her's and I have to say that they were really comfoy and looked like they wash well as well.
As I have been just looking around the shop I have noticed that they sell pyjamas, nightshirts which you can buy as a two pack thats one way of saving money and robes.

SHOES
Next in Grimsby sell a small range of shoes, sandals, boots, sport shoes and casual shoes. Shoe sizes start at size 3 to a size 9
They also sell slippers which come in sizes S,M,L

UNDERWEAR
I have only bought a pack of thongs of next before which were in the sale, I payed £4 for a pack of 4 which should of been £12 which was a right bargan. They have washed really well and still has their shape.
Next in Grimsby doesn't have a large range of underwear but every few months have different styles in. They are good quality and value. They sell mulipacks of plain knickers and plain bras which makes them better value for money.

JEWELLERY
~~~~~~~~~~

I have bought a lovely necklace from here just before christmas which was silver and only £7.99 which I thought was a right bargan.
The jewellery from Next is very attrative and well priced.
The jewellery which they sell is rings all shapes and sizes, for your fingers and toes.
Necklaces all shapes and sizes, in silver or gold and earings, loops big earings or small.
There is jewellery for both men or women.

MENSWEAR
~~~~~~~~~
As you know I am a women, so I don't go around the mens wear that much untill it comes to my dads birthday or something so I really can't tell you much about it. I do know that they sell a big range of clothes for men such as casual wear, suits, shirts, ties, trousers, nightwear, underwear and swimwear all at reasonable prices.

CHILDRENS WEAR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my god where do I start on childrens wear, the newborn clothes are really cute, I shopped here for all my babies clothes because they are brilliant and really good value for money.
The sizes for babies are pre-born, newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months and 9-12 months, they come in some lovely colours white, blue, pink, cream and lemon. They also sell pram shoes, bibs, pram toys and baby suits for babies.
The next size up is 3 months-5 years than 3 years-16 years and the clothes in them sizes are tops, jeans, dungarees and jackets.
SCHOOLWEAR
You can also buy schoolwear from next which I think is brilliant value for money they sell school trousers, blazers, oxford shirts, non iron shirts for you lazy mums out there, lunch bags, rucksacks and plimsolls.
I haven't bought any school wear out of next yet but I will do.
SWIMWEAR
I was in next a few weeks ago and saw a mini mouse swimsuit for my little girl, it was only £7.99 so I bought it, we have only been swimming once since I bought it so I have only washed it once, and it washed really well. Next sells all kinds of swimwear from swimsuits to swim bags and towels to goggles.

HOMEWEAR
~~~~~~~~~~~

Next also have a home department which sells all kinds of things from kitchen stuff to lighting and storage items to cushions.
In the store in Grimsby the home department is very small and only has items such as kitchen stuff, cushions and throws on display but it doe's have a catalogue which you can read and you order you items at the store.
I have bought some kitchen stuff from next which was a few years ago and I have still got them.

BITS AND BOBS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next also sell things which I would buy for fathers day, mothers day or somebodys birthday, next sells things like shower radio's, keyrings, bottle openers but most of these things are silver in colour.
Items like these start at around £5-£40

PRICES
~~~~~~~

To let you have a better idea of what the prices are like in Next here are a few items which I have bought and their prices:
~Mini mouse swimsuit for my little girl £7.99
~T-shirt which says on it funky little dude for my 1 year old son £5.99
~Jeans for my 1 year old son £6.50
~Vase for my front room £8.99
~Top for myself £7.99
~ Jacket for myself £39.99

FITTING ROOM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fitting rooms in next are quite big. There is usually enough room for me and my little girl to move around in but there is nowhere to leave your push chairs and they have to be left outside in the shop. The fitting rooms have plenty of hanging space for your coats and bags etc and have a few mirrors in them which I always find handy.

STAFF
~~~~~~

The staff in next ( Grimsby) are very helpful, poilte and always cheerful.
They are always happy to to help you.

PAYING
~~~~~~~

The queues are always very small but if it doe's get a bit busy, they normally open another till.
You can pay by cash, any of the main credit and debit cards and also by cheques.
Next also sell gift vouchers.

LAYOUT
~~~~~~~

The layout in next (Grimsby) is brilliant
There always seem to be plenty of signs to tell you where the children's section is, the fitting rooms and where the till is located. There are alot of seats near the footwear and a few random chairs in corners of the store which are for you to try the shoes on and for children who get bored.There are usually a couple of mirrors around the shop-floor which I find really helpful.
The next shop in Grimsby is always clean and tidy and there is alot of room for people to move around the shopfloor with push chairs or wheel chairs.

SALES
~~~~~~

Next make an enormous reductions on their prices in the sale and is one of the best shops for sales.
I have found the best sale is the sale just after christmas which starts boxing day and is open around 6am.

STOCK
~~~~~~
Next usually have everything I want in stock, the have alot of sizes available. If you can't see what you are looking for just ask a member of staff and they will be happy to help, they will also look in the stock room if they can't see it on the shop floor.

DELIVERY
~~~~~~~~~

If the item is out of stock you can have it delivered to your home but there is a delivery charge of £3.50, no matter how large your order is or how many items you have delivered to your home.
Next will automatically send it out to you when it is available.
If you are ordering on-line the delivery charge is still £3.50 and there is no extra charge for next day delivery and you can also request a delivery time.

RETURNS
~~~~~~~~~

If you decide that you don't want your item anymore for any reason, just pop back into the store with your item and receipt and they will offer you a full refund, if you haven't got your receipt for any reason they will still offer you a full refund but in vouchers.

NEXT DIRECTORY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a huge hardback catalogue which sells a bigger and even better range of items, clothes, homewear and accessories.
To start shopping with the catalogue it will cost you £3.50 but you can look at it on the internet for free. I don't really know much about this catalogue as I don't have one YET.

OVERALL
~~~~~~~~

I think Next has a great range of clothes and accessories at really good prices.
The staff are really nice and helpful and the shop is always clean and tidy.

Thanks for reading !

• kam76 published 18/03/2005
    Superb review. I do love their clothes. Cheers, K.
  • ashtonluke published 15/03/2005
    Next is amazing, even as a man I can understand how great it is! Luke
  • lesa60 published 11/03/2005
    I love Next although don't have the catalogue as I don't see the need. My sister does though, buying her children's clothes from it - she says it saves dragging them up town!

Product Information : Next (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 31/08/2000