lil_ms_ha... 5

lil_ms_han

Member since:20.07.2004

Love Next You should too

09.07.2006

Advantages:
Good Clothes, Helpful staff

Disadvantages:
Expensive, can have long queues

Layout & presentation

Selection & range

Availability

In store customer service

City / Branch addressLoves shopping Love Next

Frequency of visitSeveral times a month

PriceHigh

2. post-it-note
  3. gizmogizmo
  1. lucyoakley
  2. VC81

Having shopped in Next for many years I've never had a problem with them.

**Why I started Shopping There**

I mainly started shopping there because I need to wear petite clothing and wow they had a large selection to choose from , My first buy was a pair of bootcut jeans for £19.99 which are still looking good as new after 5 years of wearing them.

When my neice was born I brought absolutley tons of baby clothes for her which made a nice dent in my bank balance but hey the variety of clothes they had was hard to resist and as she grew into a roughy toughy toddler her clothes resisted all the wear and tear of crawling on knees and the usual drawing on clothes etc.

**The Good Points Of Next**

* Womenwear, Menswear, Childrenswear and Home

* Sizes come in Petite, Regular or Long

* Childrens Clothing starts from Newborn to 16 years
(Some stores only sell childrens clothes up to 10 years).

* Items can be ordered over the till if your size isn't available etc

* Helpful Staff

* Good return policy of 28 days full refund or exchange

**Menswear**

I have never shopped in the Menswear department of the store but I have been told by friends that they sell a wide range of suits, Casualwear, Underwear, Watches, Gadgets, Ties, Shirts, Shoes, Coats and Jackets plus any seasonal things you might require e.g Hats, Sunglasses scarves to name but a few.

**Womenswear**

Where do I start!!! The variety of clothes are vast you can choose a section of the department that suits your needs, from Formalwear, Casualwear, Petite, Nightwear, Shoes and Accesories etc

In Formalwear there are Suits (Trouser and Skirt) Shirts, Tops, Dresses, Cardigans, Formal Trousers and Skirts.
(somes sizes are available in Petite but usually can be found in Regular and Long). .

In Casualwear there are T-Shirts (shortsleeved, 3 quarter sleeved and long), Jeans, Jackets, Coats (depending on season) Sweat tops and Bottoms, Skirts, Trousers and Tops (If I've forgotten anything I must apologise)

In Petite there are a variety of Formal and Casualwear though not every item of clothing in standard sized is available in petites.

There are also a wide variety of Shoes from Boots to Slippers

In Accessories you can get Bags, Perfume (Next's own brand) Jewellery, Make up, Socks, Underwear and Lighters etc.

**Helpfulness**

One of the things I found helpful was when I was in the fitting rooms and I required a smaller size all I had to do was ring the bell inside the room and an advisor came and asked me if I needed some help and went off to get me a smaller size...Great Customer Service.
They will order a size thats not instore or phone another branch nearest to you and reserve the item.... BE aware though if you want to order an Item you will have to pay up front first.

**ChildrensWear**

In Childrenswear you have BoysWear from 3 upwards, Girlswear from 3 Upwards, Teens (Usually in larger stores), Babywear from newborn upwards, Shoes, Accessories.

In Boyswear there are Shirts, tops, trousers, shorts, t-shirts, 2 piece sets, jackets, jeans and coats (winterwear)

In Girlswear there are Skirts, dresses, tops, t-shirts, shorts 2 piece sets, jeans, trousers, jackets and coats (winterwear).

In Babywear there are newborn sets which include a little hat, booties. Little dresses and top and trousers (very cute), Baby grows, vests, 2 piece sets for both girl and boy, shorts, tops, trousers all available for both sexes. Sizes start in newborn - 2-3 years.

Accessories and Shoes: Quite a varied selection for both shoes and accesories, they sell school shoes to sandals (also baby shoes) and in accessories, sunglasses - Socks and tights.

Ive not really seen any teenwear but from browsing through the Next Catalogue there are some pretty good clothes in there which are trendy for all the fussy teens out there.

**Home**

There is a brilliant selection in the Home department from Sofas to Lighting, I brought a nice throw a few years ago and I have to say was a hard decision to choose between all the different types they had my favourite was a faux faur throw but was a little out of my budget at the time (poor me) but the one i got does the job just as good.
I've also purchased a few Duvet sets which were fantastic if not a bit pricey really. The home department is good to look around if nothing else (its good to dream) ( some smaller stores might not have a Home department)

My only gripes about Next products is that some items can be expensive which is annoying if you really really want it but can't afford it but hey maybe I should ask for a discount as a regular customer :D ( I wish). The long queues that suddenly appear and THE SALES good bargains but a complete nightmare unless you like crowds of course.

susie191 19.07.2006 10:27

I once went to their sale at 7am, never again!! Susie x

gizmogizmo 14.07.2006 12:27

LIKE NEXT, BUT DON'T SHOP THERE MUCH.....

ciaomeister1 13.07.2006 17:23