Attraction

Review of "Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car, Hong Kong"

published 07/06/2016 | love0143
Member since : 14/06/2015
I love arts, nature, travelling , collecting currency from different country, composing poetry, watching movies, dancing and listening to music.I am business minded and easy to get along with.
Pro nice scenery, comfortable
Cons no hassle when i get there
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Fantastic Cable Car"

Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car, Hong Kong

Ngong Ping 360 or NP360 is an incredible air-conditioned cable car you should never miss once you visit Hong Kong. The said attraction is just a few walk from Tung Chung MTR and just one ride from the international airport with the S1 city bus. Before I avail the ticket, I ask first how safe the passengers traveling to Lantau island. I was informed that the route was selected very carefully for sure that the ecosystem and the endangered species of the island are being secured and assurance as well for the safety and comfort of all passengers throughout their journey.

I bought a round trip ticket for the crystal cabin in which the bottom is made of glass where you can see the entire view from beneath during the travel. Before the trip starts, somebody will take a picture on you, then upon arrival at the last station which is at the Ngong Ping village, it’s up to you to get the picture and pay for that with a souvenir item. It takes 30 minutes for me to travel the 5.7km bi-cable ropeway going to Lantau Island. I went Hong Kong by myself. Since I am just alone, I am so thankful that there were other passengers who joined me on the cable car journey. At first, I got scared but later on I am already enjoying the breath-taking view of the green and luxurious attractive mountains and the overlooking international airport. I also appreciate the tranquillity of the deep blue sea and the famous Tian Tan Buddha statue (Big Buddha) as we are getting closer to the said island.

The cabin has two different lines. The first one is for the standard cabin, which is just an ordinary one but air conditioned as well, while the another one is for the crystal cabin which is quite expensive compared to the ordinary one. If you have acrophobia or fears with heights, you rather avail the ordinary one and be with companions otherwise you might not enjoy and be scared instead with the breathtaking trip. I just forgot how much the price, but worth it. During weekdays it opens around 10:00am until 6:00pm. During weekend and holidays, it opens around 9:00am until 6:30pm.

Ngong Ping village is a 1.5hectares culturally themed village located on Lantau Island. Upon arrival, I roam around the village and take pictures until I reached the Big Buddha. After my lunch, I bought souvenirs for my family and friends. Then, I hurriedly went back for another 30 minutes cable car ride back to Ngong Ping Tung Chung Cable Car terminal because I need to go to the airport, to catch my trip back to Manila.

Ngong Ping 360 cable car is really fantastic. I enjoy my entire ride with the wonderful views of nature.

• AnneLorraine1 published 19/09/2016