Nicky Clarke Hairomatherapy Thickening Shampoo

Nicky Clarke Hairomatherapy Thickening Shampoo

Shampoo

Review of "Nicky Clarke Hairomatherapy Thickening Shampoo"

published 24/03/2002 | water-witch
Member since : 05/09/2001
Pro Adds volume, smells terrific
Cons none
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Light and Bouncy v Limp and Lank"

I have quite long, wavy hair.I struggle sometimes to make it look good. After all, who wants to appear to have lank hair within hours of washing it! I often have that problem and it drives me nuts!

I suppose the easy answer would be to have it cut off and I have tried that. It certainly was easier to add volume, but at the end of the day I didn't like myself with short hair (it goes very curly) and grew it straight back again!That left me with the problem of how to make my hair look nice and bouncy wothout having to go to the hairdresser.

I have spent some time trying different products to see if it could be "plumped " up a bit as well as looking clean and shiny! It is very easy for long hair to appear greasy very quickly.It also needs to be well conditioned as the ends can get very dry.

At last I have found a super shampoo which seems to do the trick. It is Nicky Clarke's Thickening Shampoo. It is a "hairomatherapy" shampoo and is ideal for fine, limp, lifeless or thinning hair. Oh dear, doesn't that sound dreadful!I am not sure I should be admitting to fulfilling any of those criteria!!

I immediately fell in love with this shampoo. It comes in a smart stainless steel look- a- like bottle. The smell when you remove the top is divine! The oils used in this particular shampoo are sea kelp and peppermint. It feels and smells very invigorating and your scalp goes pleasantly tingly! It lathers up nicely and my hair felt thoroughly cleansed. I used the matching conditioner, although my hair felt better than usual even before conditioning, which I thought was promising!

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua
sodium laureth sulfate
ammonium lauryl sulfate

I like the fact it is not tested on animals!

COST: £3.65 for 300mls

I don't think this is too bad for a professional product. I was pleased with the shampoo. After I dried my hair it felt much fuller and very bouncy. It also smelt really nice and the scent lingered for the rest of the day.It lived up to the claims stated on the bottle and I don't think you can ask for more.

The Nicky Clarke range is categorised into four different types of product, and the packaging is very helpfully colour coded:

Blue for products to encourage shiny hair.

Red for conditioning and hydration

Purple for damaged hair

Green for thickening and adding volume.

If you are interested in the Nicky Clarke range or fgancy reading his hair care tips you can pop over to the website: www.nickyclarke.co.uk

Well, I could waffle on a bit more, but do you really need to know any more about shampoo?

Why not give it a try? I think you might like it!

• niclemamy published 03/09/2002
    I bought this and have been using it for about 3 weeks and love it - I lost a lot of hair after I had my daughter and tried a few different products before I came across this one. I'll be writing an op soon (when I get around to it). Great op and very informative :O) Nicola
  • Wayne10ch published 06/04/2002
    My daughter has the most beaitiful curly wavy thich blond hair but Jackie may well like this I will point your op out to her! Nice one, Wayne
  • Nikki1979 published 26/03/2002
    I have hair that sadly fills most of those criteria and must have tried virtually every shampoo on the market, and now i shall try another! Great op, thanks. Nikki