Nicorette Freshmint Gum

Nicorette Freshmint Gum

Review of "Nicorette Freshmint Gum"

published 09/01/2016 | issymccats
Member since : 09/01/2016
Pro Good taste, portable, low strength
Cons Maybe a little pricey, side effects if you don't follow instructions
Effectiveness
Length of Use
Side effects

"Nicorette 2mg Freshmint Gum - the only thing that helped me quit"

Quitting was tricky for me, first because I have all the willpower of a toddler on her fifth pack of Haribo and second because I can happily stay on 10 cigarettes a day without going up or down.

Yeah, I guess it's mostly psychological at that stage, but the point is that many nicotine replacement therapies (including vaping) are better for people who smoke 20 or more a day, which at best made me feel a bit sick and at worst made me just need more cigarettes when I inevitably ragequit and run to the corner shop at 9pm in the pouring rain to shove more burning tobacco in my face.

The idea with nicotine gum is that you chew for a bit, shove it between your gum and cheek until the taste fades, and then chew again (otherwise you start to feel really rotten). I'd tried other gums but they just made my mouth feel foul even when I wasn't chewing. Nicorette has a much fresher, gentler taste, which means that unlike other brands, you never get the feeling you are chewing on car tyres. Plus, it doesn't contain aspartame, which disagrees with a lot of people in unpleasant ways. I'm sure my partner and colleagues are grateful for that aspect of it.

I'd definitely recommend this to other people trying to give up. It's an easy way to nip cravings in the bud, and you can even take out one of the little inner packets to keep in your handbag to use on the go, although I'd recommend wrapping them in something otherwise the silver foil can wear away and all the gum falls into the bottom of your handbag and makes friends with the lint.

So it's an overall win. I haven't had a cigarette in weeks and my wallet and lungs feel a lot healthier. Thumbs up for Nicorette!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/03/2016
    Great user perspective!
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 23/02/2016
    Welcome! A great start, bit more info and would be perfect :)
  • MsTricia published 11/01/2016
    nice write up x

offers "Nicorette Freshmint Gum"