Nicorette Nicotine Gum Full Strength

Nicorette Nicotine Gum Full Strength

Helps overcome your urge to smoke

Review of "Nicorette Nicotine Gum Full Strength"

published 06/05/2003 | upton_girl
Member since : 15/04/2003
Pro Stops the craving
Cons Burns like mad
Effectiveness
Length of Use
Side effects

"Maybe it works"

I have only been using this gum for a few days, and I am not really looking to quit smoking, just cut down (and then maybe think about quitting), but I felt i had to write a report on how disgusting these things are ! I went for the 4mg gum in so called mint flavour because I smoke about 20 a day (depends on how stressed I am !!), there is also a 2mg gum for people who smoke less than 20 a day. I bought a pack of 24 which cost me £3.98, but had seen them being sold somewhere else at £5.99 for the same thing, so shop around a little for a better price.

Well I was in bed and started craving a cigarette and as I couldn't be bothered to walk downstairs to get one i decided to try a piece of gum instead. I read the instructions which stated

1)Chew slowly until the taste becomes strong (about 1 minuite).
2)Stop and rest gum against your cheek.
3)When taste fades chew a few times until the taste gets strong, then rest the gum again.
4)Keep chewing like this for about half an hour.

Well i popped the gum in my mouth and started chewing and within 30 seconds my mouth felt like it was on fire, so I rested it against my gum...then that started burning, well i wanted to swollow desperately but I couldnt (as the nicotine is absobed through the gums) and swollowing could irritate your throat, upset your stomach or give you hiccups !! I was really starting to wonder if it was worth it.

Some of the so called MINOR side effects are:

Sore throat, coughing or mouth irritation.
Feeling sick or being sick, hiccups, belching or wind.
Diarrhoea or heartburn.

Well i couldnt chew this stuff for half an hour.... I dont think it lasted 5 minuites, it is repulsive and certainly dosent taste of mint !
When I awoke in the morning I could hardly talk, their minor side effect of a sore throat and mouth irritation had certainly effected me, I could see in the mirror how much my throat had swollen and trying to drink anything was painful.......I was in agony, but I have persisted with it. I still have a swolen throat but nowhere near as bad as the first time.

You should talk to your doctor before usuing this gum if:

You have a stomach ulcer or an over-active thyroid gland.

You suffer from persistent indigestion or pains in the chest.

You have heart or circulation problems including heart failure or stable angina, or high blood pressure.

You have any serious liver or kidney disease.

You are diabetic.

You have been diagnosed as having a tumour of the adrenal glands.

You are taking other medicines. Stopping smoking may require the dose to be adjusted.

I have found that the gum has worked for me to some extent because I have cut down on smoking (even though I have only been using the gum for 3 days), but we will see what happens and wether I quit smoking all together. I think it is the tase of them that puts you off smoking, but as long as I have the will power I am going to give it my best shot !

If I can improve this in any way please let me know. Thanks.

This review was read 1966 times and was rated at

• baeswoman published 30/04/2005
    It worked for me. I do know what you are saying about the side effects it was the indigestion I found worst.
  • anya_lahiri published 30/06/2003
    I don't smoke so I don't need these! Lisa x x x
  • magicloudz published 16/05/2003