Nicorette Nicotine Patches Low Strength

Nicorette Nicotine Patches Low Strength

Stop Smoking Patches

Review of "Nicorette Nicotine Patches Low Strength"

published 15/05/2006 | Crazykurst
Member since : 29/03/2006
Pro No more stinky fags
Cons Makes my skin itch
Effectiveness
Length of Use
Side effects

"Patches rather than stinky fags."

After smoking for about eleven years and finding out my partner had emphysema at the age of thirty two, I decided to give up, mainly to help my partner kick the habit but I also thought if his lungs are that bad what would mine be like. My Granddad also died of heart disease at the age of seventy seven, which still didn't make me give up at the time, but now I think about it giving up that dirty habit was the best thing I could do. I had thought about it for a while and the best time for me was on no smoking day which was the 8th of March.

I went to the doctors with my partner and asked for help with giving up and his answer was no!! He said we had to go on a course and they would send a letter to him asking to supply me with the patches in about three weeks, well I got a bit upset by this as I had my heart set on giving up on no smoking day.

When I got home with my knickers in a twist I started phoning around all the help lines I could get my hands on, in the end I found a place that would help me and I didn't need to go on any course, the lady would ring me once a week to see how I was getting on and send the letter to the doctors to get the patches and Nicorette Microtabs which I felt I needed to give up.

But this would take time too. I spoke to one of my friends who had given up and had some patches left over, she said I could have them so that I could give up on no smoking day. What a good old girl she was and to give her some more credit she was the only person who told me she didn't want another fag after she had given up.

So now I am in my tenth week and feeling rather proud of myself I thought I would rite a review on the lowest nicorette patches which contain 5mg of nicotine.
I can't say that I don't still get cravings because I do, but they only last a few seconds now.

Packaging__

The nicorette 5mg patch comes in a white box with red circles in the left hand corner. It has nicorette written in big green writing across the top, 5mg patch and nicotine under that, under this is a red line going to a small patch with the bottom left hand corner curled up. Step 3 is written under the line. I can also see under the chemist sticker written in small green written, Helps overcome your urge to smoke. The box tells you that there are seven patches in their.
The little patches come in their own individual sealed packet with all the same information as on the front of the actual box. The back states that there is 8.3mg releasing 5mg of nicotine over a 16 hour period. The patch is the original plaster colour and about three and a half cm by three cm and has nicorette written at the bottom in brown.

Directions__

Apply the patch to clean, dry area of skin in the morning and remove the patch 16 hours later. Please read the enclosed full instructions carefully before starting to use this product.

Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice if:
You suffer from stomach problems, including ulcers.
You have had or still have angina pectoris or any other problem with your heart or blood vessels.
You suffer from psoriasis or any other chronic skin condition.
You are allergic to nicotine or adhesive plasters.

DO NOT continue to smoke while using nicotine patches.
You should not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless recommended by a doctor.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not store above 30 degrees Celsius

My conclusion__

I really think the patches work or at least cut the cravings down a lot. I went out a few times without the patch on and found my temper very short and couldn't wait to get home and slap one on. I also found that I defiantly needed to take it off at night and wouldn't go for the 24hour ones. I left my patch on a few times at night forgetting all about it until I wondered why I had such vivid and weird dreams and was waking at weird times in the night.

If you are ready to give up and have your heart set on it I believe from my own experience that patches really help.

Fingers crossed I stay given up as I only have just under 2 weeks until I am patch free.

• jonkelly published 17/06/2006
    I have rated all you reviews now and no you are not crazy!
  • Dan_ep published 13/06/2006
    A very worthwile review.. hope it helps others! Good luck. Must be hard. Dan.
  • Holiam published 11/06/2006
    Well done for giving up....maybe I should try them - I've been mumbling about giving up for ages! xx