Review of "Nike Air Max Women"

published 26/06/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Nice design, look, fit
Cons None
Design/Style

"My air max"

I have always been a fan of Nike trainers. I must admit, back in the day this was probably more for the label and the look and having cool trainers but now I can actually appreciate how good they are when it comes to sports too. I have owned several pairs of womens Nike Air max trainers over the years and have been very pleased with them.

Nike Air Max were first released by Nike in 1987 and have become a pretty iconic shoe since then. The Nike Air Max shoe uses a large air cushioning unit at the heel which is visible from the side of the midsole in most models.

My newest pair of Nikes that I bought for playing netball in are very cool looking and quite girly although still very athletic. They are grey with pink accents such as a pink sole and a pink line around the Nike tick. The pink is quite a dark pink and I think the contrast between the pink and the grey makes them look really cool. They also match my dark pink Nike shirt which I think is a cool look. These trainers have the visible air max cushion and the cushion makes wearing these trainers so comfortable. When I play netball in them I get quite a lift from the trainers and quite a lot of bounce which is great. I could wear these trainers for hours and still have quite comfortable feet afterwards even if my legs and rest of my body is aching.

I think the technology that went into making these shoes is really quite interesting and although you can see the design of the shoe you may not realise exactly what everything on them does. The shoes are quite lightweight as they have mesh panels in the sides of them and also at the front. These allow your feet to breath when you are working out and it does keep them quite cool although I find sometimes that if it is raining these are not the best shoes as they will take in water and make your feet a bit wet. On the back of the trainers there is quite a bit of padding which is meant to give your ankle comfort but I also find that these protects your ankle when you are running and jumping and cushions it and cradles it and I think helps prevent any twisted ankles which I have got in the past playing netball.

These trainers cost me £40 from Sports Direct and I have been very pleased with them, the look and the performance.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 27/11/2016