Nike Golf Dura Feel Golf Glove

Nike Golf Dura Feel Golf Glove

Review of "Nike Golf Dura Feel Golf Glove"

published 12/09/2017 | BLTN1986
Member since : 07/06/2015
Stuck on £2.12 which I guess they will keep. Referral link for a survey site that pays nice: https://www.prolific.ac/p?ref=DJO6P44D Also my Swagbucks referral link, another good site: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/UKSwagger86 (remove spaces in links)
Pro affordable, good longevity, cool design
Cons none
Durabiltiy
Price

"A great brand at a great price"

As a hugely popular sports brand, Nike has made significant in roads into the golf market in recent years. Many players on the tour have always been happy to wear Nike Polo shirts, Tiger Woods arguably did more for Nike in golf than anyone could have imagined by wearing the brand, but they were still lagging behind in terms of equipment. Golf brand such as Callaway, Taylor Made, Ping and Titlest have long been the choice brands when it comes to clubs, bags, balls and gloves but Nike has slowly started to enter that arena and grow their business well.

As someone who plays golf as often as the weather and my time will allow but not as often as I would like, I wanted to purchase a new golf glove as I seemed to have misplaced my old one. After a trip to my local golf store, the Nike glove appeared to be surprisingly affordable and so I went with that. For me, Nike is a brand that is often overpriced when it comes to sportswear and so I was pleasantly surprised to pick up this glove for less than £10.

The design of the glove, as you would expect from a company like Nike, is very smart and stylish. There are no crazy colours or designs involved, just a black and white, professional and sleek looking design that fits and looks great. The small holes that run up and down the back of the fingers are designed to help your hand breathe a bit better as anyone who plays golf will know that your hand can sweat a lot during a round of golf due to being encased in a skin tight glove. The Velcro fastener is reliable and has not failed me in the few years that I have owned this glove and has shown no signs of coming apart. You would expect nothing less from Nike.

For me the best design features are the thin black strip across the knuckles, that are almost a similar material to a womans tights. This strip allows uninhibited movement of the hand when bending your fingers to wrap around the golf club. Many golf gloves just continue with leather over the knuckles which I see as a drawback. The other design feature that I love is the extra leather piece on the palm of the hand, this provides extra cushioning and grip when holding and swinging the club and also adds to the longevity of the glove as the palm is the part that comes under the most wear and tear.

I have owned my glove for a few years now and I really do not have a bad word to say about it. Nike haven’t tried to over design it or be too clever, they have just produced a good affordable glove with some effective design features that help the longevity of the product. You can expect to pay around £15 for the latest design of the Dura Feel Glove which, although that is more than I paid, still represents value for money. The glove is available in six sizes from Small to XXL but I would definitely recommend trying it on first as I have been different sizes between different brands of golf gloves.

All in all, if you are after an affordable golf glove, whether you are a beginner or playing off a single digit handicap, you should be pleased with the performance of this glove. The grip is great and I never feel like the club is going to slip out of my hand, it fits really well and also has a stylish look as you would expect from Nike. It certainly won’t make you strike the ball like Rory McIlroy but it will definitely prove to be a purchase you were glad you made.

• sophie342 published 22/09/2017