Review of "Nike PSG 2015/2016 Home Football Shirt"

published 18/01/2017 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Looks good, great quality, washes well
Cons None
Style

"PSG 2015/2016 Home Football Shirt"

As I have mentioned in previous reviews, my son is an avid football fan. Although his club of choice is Aston Villa (poor boy), he also loves playing football and spends much of his time pretending to be some of the best footballers in the world, from the worlds best clubs, and tries to emulate what these players do on the pitch.

For this reason, he has become a little obsessed with football shirts. On top of owning every Aston Villa shirt for the last 10 or so years, he owns a vast collection of shirts from some of the best clubs in Europe, with one of those being the PSG shirt of 2015/16.

He asked for this shirt for his Birthday after watching PSG in Europe, and they dominated the matches they played, whilst playing some excellent football and as my son already owned a few shirts from the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona, he decided to have a change and go for PSG.

Apart from what was their best player at the time in Zlatan Ibrohimovic, I didn’t know any of their other players so was sure that this would be the player that my son would want on the back of his shirt, so it surprised me when he picked a player called Cavani (I was rather pleased though as it cost a lot less than the option I was expecting him to pick!).

The shirt itself is a navy blue colour with a thick red stripe surrounded by two thinner white stripers going down the middle of the shirt. The front logo, and name and number on the back of the shirt are all white writing with red border and the PSG logo sits on the left hand side of the chest.

From all the shirts my son owns, I have to say this is one of my favourites. For starters, from a dull housework point of view, as it is quite a dark colour, it doesn’t show the marks too well and it washes well too. On top of that though, there aren’t many shirts that my son owns that I would say look smart, but this one really does and looks great with jeans when he goes out and isn’t just suitable for knocking around in the garden playing football and getting dirty like some shirts he owns.

This shirt looks and feels really good quality. I love the colours and it has a nice thickness to it which makes you believe it has been made of really good quality material that won’t rip or look worn after a few wears and washes.

We all know that football shirts are generally overpriced, but I don’t mind paying the kind of money they ask if I get a good quality shirt that my son can get the use out of so I get some kind of value for money out of it, and I do feel that I get that with this shirt. I didn’t get much change from £50, which may sound expensive for one football shirt, but it’s about average for a football shirt from a high profile team so it is around what I expected to pay. I was also impressed with their sizing as it fit my son like a glove, but left enough growing room so he wouldn’t grow out of it in a matter of weeks.

Overall, this is an excellent football shirt that looks good, is very well made and my football mad son loves it, which for me is the most important thing and so therefore it comes with a recommendation from me.

• BLTN1986 published 08/09/2017