Review of "Nikon F3"

published 15/09/2011 | appacheindian1
Member since : 15/09/2011
Pro robust! still works wonders
Cons none
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability
Size

"The Best I have owned- Mathew Sebastian"

I bought my first Nikon F3 in 1981 as a replacement for my excellent but ageing OM2n. I had only a few AI lenses to start with, a 28mm, 80-200 , a 2x converter and a Panagor Micro 90mm/2.8. Over the years, I have also moved from film to DSLR and own the excellent D300s and some G lenses.
Lately, I have been scanning my old collection with a Nikon IV scanner and am amazed at the quality of those photos I took in the 80's and feel that my skill/results have nose-dived.
I am not sure if it is due to the cheaper lenses or the sheer fact that one can fire away with no worries about the cost that make the results so boring.

I also blame Nikon for imitating Canon in the Pixel Peep department not in their range of good quality medium cost lenses.
My hats off to the best SLR i ever had!

• sandemp published 15/09/2011
    Sorry, but you've not really gone into any detail about your opinion of the camera's various functions. How easy is it to load film (I'm assuming this is a film camera rather than digital)?