Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wii

Review of "Nintendo Wii"

published 04/08/2010 | irachx
Member since : 29/07/2010
Pro fun, health benefits, interactive, cheap
Cons none
Graphics capability
Range of Extra Features (I.e. email)
Manufacturer Support
Instruction manual

"family fun entertainment, healthy benefits and more. worth buying"

I own many games consoles, - Playstation 2, Playstation 3 and the Wii. I have to admit, I used to prefer the playstation simply because I thought the games released were better, however recently I have found myself preferring the nintendo wii for many reasons, including the fact that it is more family orientated and there are health benefits.

The wii can be bought in many electronic stores, as well as online. I think prices can range from £200 to £300 usually, although wii's are often found in competitions as good prizes too. Luckily I got mine off a friend for fairly cheap.
Some may find it a bit of a nuisance however to buy extras such as a wii fit board if they are on a budget, but luckily you can easily find a wii package, with the console, usually two games and the wii board and controllers. I do think this package is a very good deal.

The reason I think there are health benefits to the wii is because instead of sitting down and just exercising the thumbs like on a playstation, the wii games are a lot more interactive. For example on some of the fitness games, you can discover your health age, your weight etc, and set targets to reach by playing the games. If not for fun, I think the wii is a good motivation key to get people to be more active.
I have played the wii with family and also with friends and I think it is nice to have friendly competition to see who can get the best health rating.

In addition, there are many other games that are fun and interactive and even just from using the control, you are getting exercise.

The wii is very good family orientated fun, but also fun for an individual, and worth buying.

Also, The wii is easy to carry around. It is a decent size and is very convenient.

There are a range of games available for the wii, and are usually the same sort of price or sometimes cheaper than playstation games. I think the usual price is around £25-29, although if you can get game bundles, you will get a better deal. I have tried many games on the wii, from golf and tennis to bowling and adventure games.

Another good thing about the wii is that it just seems the perfect console for all ages. It is good for children who want to be active and have fun, it is good for teenagers who are bored or just want to do something interactive with friends. It is good for adults who want to bring some excitement for the family, or just want to do a little bit of exercise or wind down after a hard day at work, and so on.

You can also make your very own 'wii character' so instead of just playing a game, the game involves you that little bit more, which I think is helpful for engaging the audience and the player with the game.

The wii is also very easy to use. Admittedly, I do think the playstation is easier, but there are not that many buttons on a wii controller and usually on the game it tells you exactly what buttons to press. I think the best thing however is the fact that the controllers can be wireless. I also have never had any problems with the controller.

My wii has generally been very reliable. The screen has never glitched. The controllers always work. It is great.

I think the wii would make good birthday/christmas presents, or if you just want to surprise the family or treat yourself to a console full of entertainment!

• catsholiday published 04/08/2010