Review of "Nioxin Thickening Spray"

published 30/03/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro adds body and bounce, doesn't leave hair stiff or sticky, smells nice
Cons the price may put some people off, scent doesn't last
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"An Amazing Thickening Spray That Adds Body and Bounce"

A selfie after using the product on my hair and drying it.

A selfie after using the product on my hair and drying it.

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I recently went to the hair-dressers for a trim and for my highlights to be done again as it had been 8 weeks since I had them done last and my roots were starting to look pretty awful! The product I am reviewing is one that my hair-dresser used on my hair before cutting and blow-drying it. This product is by ‘Nioxin’ which is a brand that I had never heard of before until I looked at this product in the salon and asked my hair-dresser what the spray is for. I have very fine hair and my hair-dresser told me that this spray would help to add some body and lift to my hair to make it a little thicker. After being impressed with the look and feel of my hair after she had finished my hair-cut I decided to purchase a bottle for use at home. This thickening spray is a miracle spray developed with Pro-Thick, which is an innovative complex of thickening polymers that coat each hair strand. The polymers expand to create space between hair fibres to give the appearance of fuller, thicker looking hair. Hair is fuller with added texture without a heavy, stiff feeling. The spray comes in a white plastic bottle with a plastic and slightly see-through lid. On the front of the bottle it states the brand name of the product and what it is. On the back of the bottle it tells you a little about the product and it also tells you how to use it as well. This information is in various different languages. A list of ingredients can be found nearer to the bottom of the bottle. When removing the lid, this reveals a white pump spray in which the product dispenses out of.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I purchased this product from my local Headmasters salon but it can be purchased from various places in the internet such as www.lookfantastic.com and www.gorgeousshop.com. This product is priced at £16.99 on both of these websites and from what I can remember that it a lot cheaper than what I paid for it in the salon. The spray comes in a 150ml bottle only.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
After washing my hair, I wrap it in a towel for a good 5mins at least to absorb as much water as possible. I then comb my hair using a wide tooth comb or tangle teezer. Shake the spray before use and spray throughout clean, damp hair from the roots to the ends. The spray comes out in a fine mist and I find that around 2-3 sprays is normally enough for my hair which is just past my shoulders. I spray the product a good couple of inches away from my hair. The spray does have a slight scent to it which I like as it’s a nice clean scent; although the scent isn’t very strong. I ran the comb through my hair again to distribute the product evenly and then I always blow dry for volume. I normally blow dry using a round brush to add volume and to try and stop any flyaway hairs that I sometimes get near the roots. When blow drying my hair I didn’t really notice the scent from the product. As I was drying my hair I actually noticed that my hair was beginning to have some volume to it which I don’t normally get unless using this particular products or another styling spray.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
After blow drying my hair it felt thicker and it definitely had a lot more body and bounce to it as well. My hair felt like and bouncy and didn’t feel stiff or sticky at all and it didn’t feel heavy at the roots either which I find with other volumising sprays and mousse. I did straighten parts of my hair which didn’t go the way I want them to but despite this my hair still felt thick and looked bigger. My hair stayed feeling great all day and the day after I had washed my hair and used this product on my hair, it still felt good. I didn’t need to wash my hair the following day and I was able to style it like I had the day before, ruffling my fingers at the roots a little to help get some of the volume back. The product hadn’t left any kind of residue in my hair and it didn’t look greasy or heavy at the roots the day after which was good. The scent of the product can’t be smelt in your hair which is a shame as it does smell nice but as the scent isn’t very strong I didn’t expect it to last anyway.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I love this thickening spray. It makes me hair feel thicker and I have more body and bounce in my hair than I would if I didn’t use this product. The product is easy to apply and it doesn’t leave my hair feeling stiff or sticky, like some volumising and body mousse products and sprays do. The packaging to the product is very simple and I am not sure it really looks like a salon product as to be honest the packaging doesn’t give the product any real special feel to it unlike the Kerastase product range which I think look their price and look like a salon quality range. I don’t think the spray is that badly priced as this is around the price I would expect to pay for a salon styling product. I know the price tag will probably put some people off using this product but it is worth it as the product really does work and helps to make your hair look and feel thicker. I have tried so many different volumising and body products including various sprays and mousse but this spray is by far the best one I have tried in terms of giving my hair body and not leaving it feel heavy at the roots. This is a product that I shall definitely continue to use.

• SirJoseph published 05/04/2016
    Very, very nice!
  • duffatron published 01/04/2016
    vh
  • jo-1976 published 31/03/2016
    Sounds good. I need something to thin out my locks!

offers "Nioxin Thickening Spray"