Nivea Bath Care Happy Time Shower Cream

Nivea Bath Care Happy Time Shower Cream

It leaves your skin feeling beautifully soft and smooth.

Review of "Nivea Bath Care Happy Time Shower Cream"

published 26/04/2012 | m_illie13
Member since : 05/03/2012
Pro Smells great, leaves skin leaving great
Cons Price in some stores
Does it smell good?

"Nivea Happy Time Cream Shower"

The bottle

The bottle

Recently my Mum has been on a kick to get as many Disney Cards from Morrisons as possible for my cousin (her nephew) to play with during the weekly shop. I tend to shop with her and act as an annoying little earwig constantly twittering away into her ear trying to persuade her to buy me certain luxuries as we wander about the shop. So last week to my surprise (the last time it is possible to collect the Disney cards mind you, and a weekend when it was double offer too for the cards!) I noticed this nice looking shower cream and had to ask if we could try it out.

Nivea is obviously a very known and in my opinion very expensive brand. The only time I tend to use any of their products is after Christmas when my grandmother or Mum go all out and buy me a little set of lovely washing products or even just singular bottles of different stuff to try out. I find that getting little almost travel sized bottles, of products is the best way to test them out because that way even if you find them unappealing, you haven't wasted your money and a bottles worth of something. I'm very waste conscious and so its essential I use the products I buy.

With that I mind this particular product was very much an impulse buy. The pretty bottle which is plain with the simplistic blue 'Nivea' name on it is pretty standard. But the image of a fresh looking swirl of orange and green supposed to mimic the ingredients within is very appealing and really does send off a good message about the product. Not only this but even the name 'Happy' time is very reassuring and you would feel very disappointed if you did not enjoy this product based on that, so Nivea definitely set the standards high.

The bottle is a simply flip cap, blue in colour, and is easy to open. Saying this however, it is not too easy as sometimes I find certain bottles, in particular some shampoo products, do tend to almost open themselves, and I'm distraught at the mess left when I find a big puddle of gooey liquid that has spilled out of the bottle.

The ingredients include:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Citric Acid, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 15985.

The two fragrances or main ingredients are orange blossom scent and bamboo milk (which the bottle funnily enough calls 'caring' bamboo). It is the orange blossom that really does it for me as the scent is very fresh and fruity smelling and I can really smell it on my skin after use.

The product is apparently dermatologically approved which is great for people out there with sensitive skin much like myself. Something I also find myself enjoying is that when I apply the cream it doesn't leave a thick white residue like some other products do. Instead, it is near invisible bar the bubbles produced when the water runs over you. This is excellent as it reassures me that my pours are not being choked and my skin can really breathe afterwards.

On Amazon a bottle can be bought for about £1.50, but I've also heard you can buy them in certain pound stores if you keep your eyes peeled and you're lucky enough that your shop stocks them. Supermarkets tend to sell them from £2 to as much as £3.50 in Asdas for a 250ml bottle (the quantity I bought my bottle in).

This is a great product that I would definitely recommend and would give 5 stars for. Even in my limited use, I can really feel the effects on my skin and have noticed also it seemed to remove the top layer of dead skin I had on my elbows for example, afterwards. This means that, for me at least, the product not only functions as a shower cream but also an exfoliater also! It leaves skin feels silky and really refreshed and you smell great afterwards also. The skin feels soft to the touch and you really notice the difference. I urge you to try it out.

• Calla76 published 26/04/2012