Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml

Review of "Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml"

published 23/09/2015 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Highly effective, gentle, well priced
Cons None for me
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Effective and gentle eye makeup remover"

Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml

I normally use a cleanser at night to remove all of my makeup, but sometimes I wear heavier eye makeup and prefer a specialist eye makeup remover on those occasions. I’ve tried several over the years, but these days the one I tend to stick to is this Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover. It is suitable for contact lens wearers, although I normally use it after removing my lenses anyway.

The product comes in a two-phase formula which I like: most of my favourite makeup removers are in this style, such as Lancome’s Bi-Facil. The top layer is clear and the bottom layer is blue. One part is oil-based and effectively removes eye makeup. The other part is caring, designed to protect the lashes.

To use, you need to first of all shake the bottle to ensure the layers are fully mixed. Luckily, the bottle is secure and the lid won’t shoot open while you’re shaking it! Then apply to a cotton pad – it’s quite runny, so be careful – and hold pressed to your eyelid for a few seconds before wiping away. A few wipes, with no rubbing, and your eye makeup is removed. The product feels refreshing on my skin and doesn’t cause any irritation. I don’t find that there is any oily residue left afterwards, but even if there was, it wouldn’t bother me as I always use a full face cleanser afterwards anyway.

At only £1.94 for 125ml – even less if it’s on special offer – this is a bargain, and I don’t use it every day so it lasts me ages. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a good eye makeup remover.

• lozzywallace published 07/05/2016
    Vh- I actually bought this product yesterday and I hope it works well for me!
  • novagirl2911 published 13/01/2016