Nivea Deodorant Pure Invisible Anti Perspirant Protection Roll on

Nivea Deodorant Pure Invisible Anti Perspirant Protection Roll on

No white marks, keeps underarms feeling fresh and odour free.

Review of "Nivea Deodorant Pure Invisible Anti Perspirant Protection Roll on"

published 26/04/2010 | SusanLesley
Member since : 21/10/2000
Pro Works well, easy to use, smells lovely
Cons None
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Nivea keeps my armpits smelling fresh"

The product in question is Nivea Pure Deodorant Roll On which currently costs £2.35 in Boots but they were on offer at 2 for £3 when I was in so I decided to try a couple of them.

I always use roll on deodorants as opposed to the aerosol ones as I find them easier to use. I find that when I spray the aerosol ones the mist catches the back of my throat and makes me cough. The other problem with anything that I have to spray into the air and that is that Mew does not like it at all - he only has to see an aerosol in my hand and he is off like a shot!

The container of this deodorant is made from glass as opposed to the plastic that deodorant containers are usually made from and of course this is recycleable, which is an advantage as far as I am concerned. The label on the front has the traditional dark blue Nivea logo and is very plain and classy which of course fits in with the 'Pure' description of the deodorant.

The information on the label tells me that this deodorant provides effective 24 hour protection with a feminine, floral fragrance that leaves no visible residue on skin or clothes. It contains no alcohol, no colours, no preservatives and it has been dermatologically tested.

A lot of manufacturers have changed the containers of their roll on deodorants so that they stand with the lid at the bottom to make getting the last bit of the deodorant out that much easier, but Nivea have chosen to keep the traditional design.

The glass container stands with the plastic screw on lid at the top. This means that when most of the deodorant has been used I will need to stand it upside down to make sure that I get all the deodorant out before I recycle the glass. This will prove a bit of a challenge as the top of the lid is rounded! I will have to stand it in between other things in my cupboard so that it doesn't fall over, or maybe I will stand it upside down in a glass, I’m sure that would work! I don't like to waste anything you see!

Anyway having unscrewed the cap of the container you will find a fairly big roller ball which makes actually applying the deodorant to your underarms nice and easy. This deodorant always runs freely and I have never had any problem with it drying out between uses.

This deodorant smells lovely and although I have always found fragrances very difficult to describe I will give it a try. It is sweet and flowery without being too sickly; it is more of a fresh clean sort of fragrance if you see what I mean. It is the sort of fragrance that I would expect from my deodorant.

The deodorant itself dries very quickly which is a big advantage for any roll on deodorant as far as I am concerned. Many times in the past I have used deodorants which took a while to dry and I have been known to flap my arms up and down trying to get my deodorant to dry before I could get dressed but I am pleased to say that this one dries well.

This deodorant feels nice on my skin when I apply it too. It is smooth and easy to use and does not sting my armpits at all. The deodorising and antiperspirant effect lasts all day even in hot weather, and I really give it a challenge when I am out in the garden sawing and chopping wood for our log burner but it still works!

Being a roll on, it is in a small container meaning that it will fit into your case easily to take it on holiday, and as it contains no propellant it can be taken on an aeroplane with no fear of explosions.

The other advantage of using a roll on deodorant is that it is kind to the environment, as it does not contain any CFC gases.

I would have to say that I am very impressed with this deodorant and would happily buy it again.

I apologise to anyone who can spot similarities between this and my other reviews about Nivea deodorants but there are some things that cannot be changed – for example the container is made of glass so I can hardly say it is made of paper just to make the reviews read differently can I?

• wizo9000 published 09/07/2010
    As someone who's fallen foul of Dooyoo being retarded, I can sympathise. Like you say, there's only so many ways to say it costs X amount, comes in X packaging and does X of a job, when the products are virtually identical. Good review.
  • hillhead published 10/05/2010
    Sounds one to try out. This is stupid like. I set my perfume reviews up sort of similar to include all that needs included. I know what you mean. Your reviews looks and sound different to me.
  • pgn0 published 02/05/2010
    As someone who has used Nivea's pump-action (!) deodorants when they were available (in Germany, as I recall - not so popular here?), I thought I'd give this review a read. My main reason for avoiding roll-ons is that they are, more often than not, anti-perspirants as well as deodorants - and I try to avoid the anti-perspirant products, feeling they stop your body doing what it needs to be able to do naturally. In this case, and given Nivea's approach to the problem in question, it looks like the product IS just a deodorant in a roll-on format; I shall have to investigate when next in Boots (and look at the Men's section of the shelf, of course!). Good review.