Review of "Nivea Essential Lip Balm"

published 24/12/2015 | MrsWilkes
Member since : 23/11/2015
Wow I got a diamond! Thanks everyone for reads and rates! x
Pro enriched with shea butter and jojoba, cheap and easy to use, easy to find in shops
Cons reapply throughout the day
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"NIVEA Lip Balm leaves lips kissable"

Nivea Essential Lip Balm

Nivea Essential Lip Balm

Introduction

I will apologise in advance for this quite brief review as I did struggle to talk about this product much more, so sorry about that.

In the winter its always good to use a lip balm or moisturiser to stop the skin on your lips from drying out. The cold weather outside combined with heating on in the home can really leave sensitive skin, including lips, really dry and flaky. This is my main lip balm that I use, I buy it because its cheap, readily available and Nivea branded. That's perfect for me as I'm always losing it so I can stock up on it a few at a time.
What is it?

This is a lip care product by the brand Nivea. It is a lip balm in stick form which makes it easy to apply and put in your handbag, although I always lose mine. It is a lip balm that you apply just like a lipstick, and reapply throughout the day. It is enriched with precious jojoba oil and natural shea butter to help moisture loss in the lips which can be a huge problem with cold weather.

How do you use it?

If I am applying it first thing in the morning I normally put it on straight after brushing my teeth. Just apply it like a lipstick, but I apply it quite heavily by going over the lips repeatedly. Then as it wears off just reapply throughout the day or whenever your lips feel dry or flaky. When I was younger I used to cut a bit off and melt it down in the microwave and mix it with a lip tint so that you have a tinted llip balm then I would put it in a little pot and put it in the fridge. You can do this, or you can apply it over the top of a long lasting lip stick to stop that drying out feeling you can sometimes get. When using lip varnishes and long lasting lip paints your lips can get really dry and the colour can flake off, if you apply this over the top it can help to prevent that from happening too.
What does it feel like?

It feels really silky smooth on the lips, you can definitely tell when you have applied it and also tell when it wears off. It makes my lips feel soft, but it does need reapplying often or It just comes off. The only negative feeling is when the dry, flaky skin on your lips gets so soft it comes off and then you have to peel it off. (Shudders.)

What does it look like?

The tube is white, the lid is blue with Nivea written on it. There is a little information around the tube such as what it is. When you take the lid off the main body of the product is white, and the lip balm itself is also white. It goes onto your lips clear and you cant see it at all.
What does it smell like?

It doesn't really smell of anything at all, but if I had to choose something then the first thing that really pops into my head when I smell it is coconut. I don't think its supposed to smell like coconut, and I don't even know if it contains coconut, but that's the subtle scent I get when I smell it.

What does it taste like?

Some lip balms leave a taste behind, some can be pleasant and some can be not so pleasant. This isn't supposed to leave a taste behind, and it doesn't. When I have applied it to my lips I cant taste it at all.
What do I like about it?

I like that it is easy to carry around as it is so small. The product doesn't leave a horrible feeling or taste behind which is also good, and it leaves my lips nice and soft.

What do I dislike about it?

The only thing I find annoying about this product is when it is in your bag and the lid comes off, not only does the stick of lip balm end up touching stuff you don't want it to like your phone screen and your keys, but it can pick up dust and dirt in your bag. I remember once I went to the beach, took this one with me and the lid fell off. I had to throw it away because it got so sandy, so that is annoying about it.
Where can I buy it and for how much?

This is normally around £1 from discount stores and boots and superdrug, and some supermarkets. If I am lucky I have managed to pick this up from the £1 shop and b and m discounts.

Do I recommend it?

I highly recommend it if you are looking for a bargain lip balm that does its job without leaving a horrible taste or sticky feeling behind.

• snow_drops published 16/08/2016