Review of "Nivea Essential Lip Balm"

published 21/09/2017 | sophie342
Member since : 27/06/2015
Pro Fast absorbing, cheap, not tacky, quickly hydrates
Cons None
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"An Essential!"

INTRODUCTION
I tend to just stick with the same products when it comes to lip balm because I now know which products work for me after testing lots of different products out! These lip balms are usually unscented as I find that the unscented lip balms are more hydrating. I have been using this particular lip balm for a few years now as I have found that it always does the job and isn't costly in the slightest. I tend to alternate between using this lip balm and the standard unscented Vaseline, both do the trick.

PRICE & AVAILABILITY
I purchase this product on a regular basis because I do get through these lip balms quite a lot and use them quite often, even during the summer months, my lips are prone to getting dry. Also, you don't actually get a lot of product as the lip balm itself is only 5g but for the price you really can't complain. I purchase this product from a few stores because it is generally retailed at the same price in most stores. I have picked up this item in Poundland and Superdrug for a pound. However, some other stores do also sell this product, stores like Tesco sell this product for around the £1.50 mark but do have offers on time to time where you can get 2 for £2. Other stores where this product is sold includes; Boots, Ocado and Amazon.

THE PRODUCT IN GENERAL
Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm is a lip balm that is enriched with Jojoba Oil and natural Shea Butter which is intended to care for your lips whilst helping to prevent moisture loss, leaving them soft and smooth. This lip balm is part of a whole range of products sold by Nivea which include products like moisturisers, deodorant, cleansers, face wipes and shower products etc. This product is actually available in a range of different scents and some of the lip balms sold by Nivea have specific benefits and are meant to be used for specific reasons. For example, this particular product is available in Watermelon and Peach. In addition to this there are lip balms like SPF15 and SPF30 which are intended to protect your lips from any damage caused by sun rays.

Ingredients: Cera Microcristallina, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Panthenol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Aqua, Cera Alba, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Parfum

HOW I USE THE PRODUCT
I use this product pretty much on a daily basis and always have it on hand just in case. I apply the lip balm to my lips around 5 times a day, depending on how bad they are at that time, things like the weather usually affect how much this product is going to be needed. Once I have applied the lip balm I just leave it on my lips until I feel that another coat is needed.

HOW I FOUND THE PRODUCT
I find that this product works really well for me and is better than alternatives, especially ones that are heavily scented. The consistency of this lip balm is much thicker which I think is the reason why it really helps to lock in moisture. I do have to re-apply the lip balm quite often during the day but I find that I have to do this with other brands of lip balm just as much. The lip balm leaves your lips feeling much smoother and doesn't feel heavy or tacky, it usually absorbs quite quickly.

• jb0077 published 29/09/2017