Nivea For Men Shaving Gel Sensitive

Nivea For Men Shaving Gel Sensitive

Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam - Shaving Gel - for Men

Review of "Nivea For Men Shaving Gel Sensitive"

published 04/09/2017 | Classicc
Member since : 12/05/2014
Hello there everyone! I hope that my work will be helpful. If you have any questions, please contact me. All E ratings are greatly appreciated!
Pro improves quality of shaving, doesn't irritate my skin
Cons not as sensitive
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"Improved shaving but not sensitive enough"

What the product looks like

What the product looks like

Introduction
I bought this product for my partner but I use it myself from time to time because I don't really see any difference between male and female shaving gels, aside from the price. Often products such as deodorants, creams, and moisturisers that are sold as products for women specifically don't differ much from those that are marketed as products for men, which is why I occasionally try out these male-oriented products as well. Normally I wouldn't actually bother buying shaving gel or foam because I can make do without it, yet this time I thought that I would try to compare how differently my skin would react if I were to use a soothing shaving gel.

About the product
This product is primarily marketed as a sensitive shaving gel that is designed to protect irritable skin and allow for easier shaving. This supposedly improved formula contains 0% alcohol (no Ethylalcohol), is really gentle, and fragrance-free. The primary ingredients in this product are chamomile and hamamelis that soften the hair before shaving to provide a closer and more comfortable shave. It offers immediate relief and protection to irritated skin. Its skin compatibility has been dermatologically approved by men with sensitive skin. The end result is supposed to make your skin feel pampered and protected.

Ingredients
Aqua, TEA-Palmitate, Oleth-20, Isopentane, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Bark/Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth-2, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Isobutane, Piroctone Olamine, BHT, Linalool, Parfum.

Usage and results
The official website states that using this product will result in your skin feeling calmer and well cared for. They recommend shaking the can well before use and storing it in an upright position. They also suggest gently massaging this product onto wet skin to ease application.

Warnings
  • Pressurised container - may burst if heated
  • Keep away from hot surfaces, direct heat, sparks, open flames, and other ignition sources
  • Do not pierce or burn at any time
  • Protect from direct sunlight
  • Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50C
  • Keep out of reach of children
  • 3.5% per mass of content are flammable

My impression
I have not given this product the maximum rating because I was rather disappointed with its performance. The reason I decided to use it in the first place was because I was attracted by the the prefix of "sensitive", which made me think that my skin would feel less irritated after shaving and would actually be well taken care of. Unfortunately, this product has failed to deliver on that. It obviously feels much better to shave with this gel as opposed to without it but that's not enough to warrant a higher rating. My skin is less irritated, which is true, but still some redness remains and the shaven areas can sting or react with other products such as deodorants. I was hoping that this shaving gel would form a protective coating over my skin to ensure that it is damaged as little as possible by the razor.

There are, however, good things about it as well. This product does make my skin feel less dry after shaving - usually my skin feels a bit dead for a while after it has been shaved but now it feels a bit softer than it normally would. I like how this product is easy to apply as the consistency is soft and rather rich, which allows for good coverage. This in turn means that you don't need to use that much of the product and an ordinary can of it will last you a decent length of time. The fact that it doesn't really have a fragrance is also good because perfumes are quite often the ones that react with the skin to produce irritation or inflammation. In a way I suppose that it does make shaving somewhat easier because it does soften the rougher hairs to allow for smoother movement of the razor but at the end of the day the quality of your razor makes a significant difference as well, so I wouldn't necessarily put this down to the quality of the shaving gel. I must however admit that I much prefer shaving gels to shaving foams because they are easier to apply and they moisturise my skin better; so I would certainly recommend getting a shaving gel as opposed to a foam.

Price and availability
This product is commonly found in a number of stores and it is about the same price as similar products. You can buy a 200ml can for the following prices:
  • Boots - £3.15
  • Morrisons - £2
  • Sainsbury's - £3
  • Superdrug - £3.15
  • Tesco - £2.50
  • Waitrose - £2.50

Final thoughts
Despite the somewhat negative review of this product I would still recommend it because it is not really expensive and it does ease the annoying process of shaving quite a bit. I think that it would be difficult to find the perfect shaving cream or gel that will protect your skin from sharp metal blades. This product does make your skin feel a bit nicer than it usually would after shaving and I think that this a good enough reason to have it in your household. However, I'm certain that this is by no means the best shaving gel on the market.Thank you for reading my review

• CelticSoulSister published 08/10/2017