Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme

Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme

Cream / Treatment

Review of "Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme"

published 10/03/2010 | GemmaC25
Member since : 09/01/2009
Pro Thick and creamy moisturiser, leaves skin feeling soft, and it smells good too!
Cons None for me.

"Oh so thick and creamy... a pleasant surprise!"

I was recently sent a body moisturiser to try in place of my usual moisturiser for 2 weeks as part of a survey panel. It arrived in a plain, white, non descript tub but despite this, immediately upon smelling the moisturiser, I knew it was a product by Nivea! Nivea products seem to have that lovely Nivea smell, even the small lip balm I use has the same whiff! My guess was correct as (rather unusually) the survey told me at the end the product was Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising cream.

It’s so wonderfully thick and creamy...

The product must have changed in recent times as it now comes in a 200ml pot, so it seems more like a pot of body butter, but there are a few pictures online showing this product in a tube. The tub is really large, and I don't know if it's just me but there's always something nice about seeing a moisturiser in a pot and digging my fingers into it! It had a screw lid and it’s easy to use. It’s full to the brim inside of the thick moisturiser, there’s nothing worse than a company only half filling the packaging up, but this isn’t the case with this moisturiser.

As I mentioned before, the smell of this is so typical of Nivea, and when I unscrew the lid it always hits me as it's quite a strong, but pleasant scent. I'll be honest; I've never really used any of Nivea's moisturisers before. When it comes to body moisturisers I always seem to have tubs and tubes stashed away from gift sets given to me, however I have used other products in the Nivea range and I do quite like what I have used to date. If you aren’t a fan of the Nivea scent then I can safely say this won’t be a product for you. The smell is strong but I find it really nice, I love that old fashioned Nivea smell which doesn’t seem to have changed much through the ages, and it’s nice to see they’re sticking to their original ways!

Such a pleasure to use!

I have loved using this moisturising cream, mainly for one reason, and that's the consistency. It's got a really nice creamy and thick texture to it, and it feels really nice smothering this over my skin! I love digging my fingers into this cream, it just feels really nice, and it’s relaxing to smooth this onto my skin. It’s not really runny as some moisturisers can be, nor is to practically solid like body butters can be, I think they’ve really hit the nail on the head with the consistency. You probably find it strange me going on about it, but you have to try it to see what I mean! It’s honestly one of the best moisturisers I have used mainly due to the thick creaminess of it.
The moisturiser is absorbed easily, does not feel oily or greasy, and most importantly my skin feels really soft after using it. It also smells great and it does linger on the skin for quite a while. I don't have particularly dry skin, however I do love a nice moisturiser and my upper arms tend to be the driest area really, but they always feel lovely and soft after using this! I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it’s always such a pleasure to use after showering.

Nivea say this can be used on face, hands or body. I wouldn't use this on my face (I have oily skin so can't see a thick cream doing my face any good!) but I do love using it on my hands and body. It contains Jajoba Oil to give skin a good moisturising care, and Vitamin E to protect the skin's natural structure. Whatever it contains, it's a great moisturiser!

It’s highly recommended from me!

I can see how this cream would be excellent for people with dry skin, it's just so thick and creamy, and I've loved using it. In the future if I need another body moisturiser as I don't have a supply anywhere, I will certainly opt for this one. Usually when I am sent something to try from a company I don't think twice of it once it's gone, but this is one of the best moisturisers I have used to date.

As mentioned before, this now comes in a tub and is widely available as Nivea is a common brand. It usually costs £4.59 in Boots (thought it's got £1 off at the moment!) so keep an eye out for those bargains.

• KarenUK published 21/03/2010
    This is my favourite moisturiser!
  • fabgirly published 13/03/2010
    Fantastic review hunni! Sounds like a really good product too :)
  • paulpry118 published 12/03/2010
    Wish I had some of this to test, sounds rather good