Review of "Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme"

published 12/04/2010 | supersonic75
Member since : 03/01/2009
Rates not sticking Grr…!!
Pro Does what it says
Cons none

"I'm a softie at heart"

I don't normally use a moisturiser that is designed for all over as I think they don't work as effectively as separate face and body ones do.
That was until I received a trail size sample through the post of this product - Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Cream.

I've tried the normal Nivea in the past and thought it was 'okay' but nothing special, so I wasn't overly excited at trying this.

As it was only a small sample I decided to test it out on my hands as it states it's ideal for hands, face and body. On trying it I was very impressed so decided to buy a tube next time I was in Superdrug (which is very often).

This cream comes in a 75ml tube costing £1.89 which I was just about to buy when I noticed that a 300ml size tub was only £2.99. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to work out the tub was by far the better option so in my basket it went.

So what is it?~

Nivea Soft is marketed as being an "Intensive Moisturising Cream for invigorated, smooth skin" and contains jojoba oil and vitamin E for maximum effectiveness.

Price and packaging~

As mentioned in the above paragraphs it comes in the 75ml tube and a tub which the normal size is 200ml. My luck was in as the tub contains 50% extra free and normally retails at £3.99 - I got a real bargain so was pretty pleased (and smug!) about that.

The cream comes in a very basic looking tub which is predominantly white with a smattering of blue for the lettering. I like the appearance of the tub as it looks very simplistic and there's nothing too overly 'fancy' about it.

My experience of using it~

On unscrewing the easy to open lid there is a silver foil covering the cream; this has a small overlapping flap to make it easy to pull back.

Once removed the cream is easy to access so what did I think?

Appearance wise this cream looks the business. The texture is rich and creamy yet has a lightness about it at the same time. On scooping a small amount onto my hands I was hesitant whether this would be suitable for my face but I thought I'd at least try it.

The cream took seconds to soak into my skin and felt so soft on applying to my face - I was very impressed as it didn't sting nor leave my face feeling tight like some new moisturisers can.

I used the cream all over my body and again it just soaked straight into my skin, which as I have dry skin at times, this felt lovely and quenching.

The scent is another plus but it's really difficult to describe it to someone that hasn't used this product before. It's a very clean, fresh fragrance and slightly reminds me of Dove but that's just my opinion.

Would I recommend this?~

Yes definitely.
This is a fabulous moisturiser that works perfectly on all areas of the body/face. It soaks in well and moisturises the skin leaving it feeling soft and supple and has the most beautiful scent to it. Though it's got quite a strong fragrance I didn't find it interfered with my perfume and deodorant at all, it just left a subtle scent on my skin.

I've been using this for a while now and though it is very moisturising I use it on my face in a morning whilst preferring a more intensive type of cream for night time use. It doesn't say anything about SPF so I wouldn't advise using alone.

Miscellaneous~

Dermatologically approved

Available from most skin care stockists

For more information contact www.NIVEA.com

Overall~

I'm so glad that little sample popped through my letterbox! This is a lovely cream that is ideal for smothering into your skin after bathing or if your skin is a bit 'thirsty'.
A small amount seems to go a long way so my 300ml tub (bonus!) should last a while I will certainly be buying this again in the future.

Summary

• clocktower published 21/04/2010
    Good review, but I had to 'google' SPF. (I don't get out much)
  • anwar published 20/04/2010