Review of "Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme"

published 19/06/2010 | JEFFJEN
Member since : 23/04/2008
I don't have time to thank you all individually for the rates, but I appreciate them all. Thanks :)
Pro Cheap but very effective, can be used on both face and body
Cons None

"A bargain moisturiser which gives great results."

The first moisturiser I ever used was Nivea, the one in the royal blue pot. I have experimented with different moisturisers since then but have always had a soft spot for Nivea and its fragrance.

So when I spotted this Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme in a handy tube priced at just under £2.50, I thought I would give it a try and if I liked it then I could take it away on my holidays, as not only is it suitable for your face, but you can also use it all over your body.

The advantages of this moisturiser is when going on holiday it would certainly be easier to just have to take one moisturiser instead of ending up with different bottles/tubes for your face and body.
The disadvantage of this I thought, would be that I am dubious about a moisturiser that is suitable for both your face and your body and therefore thought it may not be very good to use as a facial moisturiser.

Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme is also available in a pot, but I opted for the tube as it felt lighter and as I was thinking of taking it on holiday then the lighter the better!

Enriched with Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E, this moisturising creme is advertised as fast absorbing and Nivea promise you will see and feel how your skin gets sensationally soft and smooth when using this. It is also is ph neutral and dermatological approved.

Squeezing some of the creme from the tube, I was reminded of that familiar traditional Nivea fragrance which I remembered from using those blue pots of Nivea years ago.
What surprised me about this creme was its thick and creamy consistency. I wasn't expecting it to be quite as thick as it is, so I had only squeezed the tube slowly, expecting it to come gushing out. Because it is thick and creamy, it doesn't run when you apply it to your body or face. It also is very easily absorbed just like it promises, without leaving your skin feeling greasy.

I love how soft my skin felt after using this moisturising creme just once. I don't suffer from dry skin really, so therefore cannot say how this performs on really dry skin, but I am happy with the results on my skin. I have continued using it daily for a few weeks now with no problems and am totally happy with the results.
I do suffer with a little hard skin on my feet, particularly in the summer months when wearing sandals and when I apply some of this to my feet it does a great job of softening the hard skin, so it gets full marks from me for that.
I also used it as an all over body moisturiser on holiday and it prevented my skin from becoming dry and flaky after spending time in the sun.

So were my fears that a moisturiser suitable for your body, possibly not being any good when used on your face, unfounded? Well in this case, yes they were! Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme is a lovely facial moisturiser too.
I have combination skin on my face and it can feel both dry and oily in places, but this moisturising creme seems to even out the feel and appearance of the skin on my face and is also an excellent base for applying make up.

Considering how many moisturisers there are on the market and bearing in mind just how expensive some of them are, then Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme is a bargain moisturiser that does a great job of moisturising and softening your skin. Indeed I have paid a lot more money than this for inferior products.

It gets full marks from me and is ideal to take away on holiday as a good all over moisturiser. Not only does it save you money on having to buy two separate moisturisers for your face and body, it also takes up less room in your suitcase!

• hayleigh_18 published 05/07/2010
    Ooh, I used to use this one! It worked a treat but not being a fan of the strong scent it gives off, I have now changed to a more preferable one!
  • KarenUK published 26/06/2010
    I love this stuff :-)
  • InchyInchy published 25/06/2010
    It's great when you find a great product at a fantastic price. Well reviewed