Nivea Sun Children

Nivea Sun Children

Baby Sun Lotion

Review of "Nivea Sun Children"

published 13/05/2007 | mummy2harry
Member since : 12/04/2007
YAY I am finally silver! Wooo! Like books? Check out http://chicklitchloe.blogspot.com...
Pro Great product, nice smell, lasts a long time
Cons Can be expensive if bought singularly

"Nivea Sun Lotion for Children"

Since summer is upon us (she says looking out the window at torrential rain in May!), I thought it would time to review some seasonal products, and why not make it a baby product!

I had my son last March,and when the summer came around I wanted only the best things for him, which is why I turned to Nivea Sun Creams. My mum had used them on my brother and I when we went abroad and we never got burnt so for me, that was a great advert. So I strolled into my local chemist and headed straight for the sun creams.

To be honest, I was totally shocked at the price of the stuff! I realise that it is only used for a small portion of the year and a bottle can last a long time, but even so! It was advertised at £10.99 for a 200ml bottle. Luckily, as it usually is throughout the summer, they were on Buy One Get One Free, so I grabbed 2 bottles thinking £5.50 a bottle sounded a lot more reasonable!

Now for the cream itself It isn't too runny which is great when applying to a very little baby as my son was last year. It had a very nice pleasant fragrance, which I can't liken to anything else to be honest! The cream is a creamy colour and even on my son's dark skin it was still well absorbed and he didn't look too patchy!

The cream comes in a 200ml bottle, which is a nice colbalt blue colour with a bright yellow flip top. It has the Nivea Sun logo at the top in the middle of the bottle, with CHILDREN'S LOTION written across the middle in coloured letters. Just underneath that in an orange dot, it has the SPF (Sun Protection Factor) written in white letters. The bottle also states it has "Immediate Protection". Long-Lasting Water Resistance, and UVA/UVB Protection System. The back of the bottle has the usage instructions and a long list of ingredients.

The cream comes in the following SPF's: 25, 40 and 50+.The cream also allows your child to play in the water for 80-120 minutes without needing to reapply, but I would still reapply it more regularly just to be safe. It also contains Vitamin E to help combat free radicals & premature skin ageing.

Nivea also do a BABY Sun Lotion which is SPF 50+ which has been specially developed for sensitive baby skin. The children's lotion also comes in a spray, which I am yet to try.

I would definitely recommend this sun cream. If you buy on an offer as I did, it works out at quite good value, and it seems to provide great protection. I even use it on myself and I haven't yet used even half a bottle! A great cream from a well known skin care company.

See the Nive website for details on other creams:

• ldvda published 14/05/2007
    I used this on my little girl last summer and she still burnt and that was from reapplying it at every hour and half and having her out the sun between 12 and 2 while on holiday last year so this summer I am swaping to a different brand hopefully it will do better. V x x
  • kittyfluff published 13/05/2007
    I wish I could break out the suncream..but its raining..x