Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel

Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel

Shower Gel

Review of "Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel"

published 08/10/2014 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Thanks for my shiny new diamond.. ~ Dipping my toe back in.. ~
Pro Good value - Kind to sensitive skin - Refreshing scent..
Cons None for me..
Does it smell good?

"Energy....ZING!"

Picture showing the attractive bottle.

Picture showing the attractive bottle.

~ Nivea For Men 'Energy' Shower Gel ~

I do occasionally get fed up using shower gel products that contain floral or feminine scents; I am not a particularly 'girly' female, and as such it is often the case that I find those shower gel products that contain rather feminine scents aren't always the most appealing, depending on my mood at the time. It is for this reason that I will regularly purchase shower gel products that are more 'unisex' or, indeed, are aimed at the male consumer, as I do find that their robust scents can offer a really pleasant change to some of the other shower products that I use regularly. This is the reason that I will also often 'share' my husband's shower/bath products.

A while ago, I purchased several shower gel and body care products from the well-known 'Nivea' brand, online at www.amazon.co.uk. One of the shower gels in question was the "Nivea For Men Energy Shower Gel", with this review outlining my experiences of using the product.

I paid in the region of 90 pence with free postage from Amazon, as I was spending over £10 at the time of purchase. Otherwise, postage costs apply. I thought this price reflected excellent value for money, particularly as the bottle is generously-sized at 250ml. The product is available to purchase from good drugstores such as Superdrug, where the current price is only 98 pence. You can also buy online at www.superdrug.com, where I believe postage costs apply.

The packaging is in keeping with the rest of the 'Nivea For Men' range, comprising of a slim, upright bottle coloured in navy blue plastic. The bottle has a slender, oblong look to it and this means that it sits neatly at the side of the bath or shower, which I quite like. There is a sturdy 'flip up' lid on top of the bottle, and I find this easy to open and close, even though I suffer with mobility problems that affect my hands. The packaging looks quite masculine because of the colours used, but there is something of a rather 'sleek' design to be observed, I think.

The packaging describes the product: "Shower Gel - Body, Face & Hair. Energising + Mint Extract."

I find that the Nivea Energy Shower Gel has a pleasant consistency, as it pours easily from the bottle, without dripping or spilling excessively. I do find that the gel's texture allows it to be spread easily over the skin too, although it is slightly thicker than some of the other brands that I use regularly, but I do find that this is often the case with shower gel products that are aimed at the male consumer.

The Nivea Gel is a pleasant blue colour, being reminiscent of many of the other 'male' shower gel products that I have used before. It lathers and foams gently, but I couldn't say that the product's lather feels particularly generous or luxurious. Again, though, this is quite common with men's' shower gels, I have found.

The Gel's scent is very pleasant and I find it is quite strong, being evident even as it is poured from the bottle. I do find it quite hard to pick out the mint extract that is within the scent, with it really just reminding me of your average sort of 'marine' type of scent that is found in many shower/bath products that are aimed at men.

I couldn't say that the gel's fragrance feels particularly feminine, nor is it even aimed at being 'unisex' - in my opinion, the gel's fragrance is aimed at the more masculine consumer, but this isn't a criticism on my part, as I do like the fragrance quite a lot, and of course, the product has been manufactured for men. I particularly enjoy the refreshing edge that can be observed when using the product, and I do find that this is particularly enjoyable when the product is used first thing in the morning. This slightly 'revitalising' feel to the product allows the "Energy" name and "Energising" product description to ring true, as far as I am concerned.

After use, my skin feels cleansed and refreshed, and I am able to detect a faint whiff of the refreshing Energy Gel's aroma on my skin for a short time after showering. This does disappear a short time afterwards, and I find that using strongly-scented body creams or lotions will easily 'swamp' the Energy Gel's spicy scent quite easily.

Another valid point worth mentioning, I think, is the fact that there has been no acceleration to the outbreaks of dry skin that often affect my arms and legs, with this problem seemingly being rather 'untouched' by the continued use of the Nivea Gel. This leads me to believe that the product actually carries a rather mild formulation.

Whilst I am on the subject of the product's suitability for my own troublesome skin type, I can happily confirm that my sensitive skin has never suffered from any irritation or aggravation during or after use. Based on these results, I do recommend the Energy Gel as being suitable for those consumers who, like me, suffer with sensitive skin issues.

Taking everything into account, I do feel that I would buy the Nivea Men Energy Shower Gel again in the future. Not only is it a versatile, convenient product for my own household as it can be used by both my husband and myself, but I do find that the pleasant scent has a notable refreshing edge to it that I really quite like. Furthermore, the product's suitability for my sensitive skin types ensures peace of mind.

Given the fact that a bottle of this particular Nivea Gel generally retails for under £1, I feel it offers excellent value for money and I am happy to recommend it as being good quality and a worthwhile purchase.

• danielclark691 published 23/02/2015