Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel

Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel

Shower Gel

Review of "Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel"

published 26/08/2015 | bbicuk01
Member since : 05/02/2007
I am an IT teacher at a Sixth Form College. I enjoy all sports and love reading and surfing the net. I will try and return ratings as soon as I can, if I forget comment on my guestbook and I'll get back to you
Pro Nice smell of mint
Cons No handle on bottle
Does it smell good?

"Energy giving?"

Now I try and use a variety of different shower gels through the year, just to stop things and Lynx getting boring. I got a couple bottles of this Nivea shower gel cheap in the supermarket. It is for body, face and hair and has been used by me for all three. The hair part seems to wash OK but I do find that if I wash my hair with anything other than Head and Shoulders for more than a couple of days my hair becomes greasy. This has happened with this gel as well.

I always laugh when I read these bottles when they have the word Energy splashed all across the front. What exactly are they giving energy to? Me, my skin, my hair or something else and the big question is would I know if my skin or hair had been re-energised? I would be much happier if the bottle just had the flavour/smell that it was meant to be on the front.

I have found that the Mint extract in the shower gel is quite pleasant when you are using the gel and I haven't had any complaints afterwards so it must be a reasonably friendly smell post wash. Mint can be overpowering on occasion and I think they have got the smell level just about right. The colour of the gel is a kind of mixed blue and green which is nice enough and represents the mint extract I guess. The gel itself is smooth and spreads nicely across the hair and body when it is used with a wash cloth or hands, it is very nice to touch rather than other shower gels that I have found to be grainy and slightly harsh.

The design of the bottle is OK with the blue and silver combining nicely and the logo for energy and mint mixing well in the centre of the bottle. The bottle stands up well and will be easy to use when the bottle is both reasonably full and empty, although you will have to stand it upside down to get all the liquid to the nozzle. My only criticism would be that it does not have any kind of handle by which you could hang it next to the shower - I find this always useful, especially when travelling and staying in hotels.

You can get this Nivea shower gel relatively cheaply but I would still use a shower gel and shampoo rather than a combined one as I find the separate bottles give a better result.

• Mistybrook published 05/04/2016
    vh.
  • AliceBond published 15/03/2016
    Good review!
  • GeorgieH1994 published 14/01/2016
    vh

offers "Nivea for Men Energy Shower Gel"