Review of "No Marks Cream"

published 04/01/2009 | missydoc
Member since : 11/08/2007
Pro it works
Cons the smell can be a bit off putting
How easily is it absorbed?

"NOMARKS with the glow"

The full range of skin care products

The full range of skin care products

I came across a product called 'Nomarks' years ago but only recently started to use it on a regular basis.
Being Asian, I have seen many herbal remedies, ayurvedic treatments and alternative medicines for all sorts. I have been bought up seeing my gran and mum using everyday ingredients to solve everyday problems whether it is using henna powder mixed with water as a natural hair dye or mixing gram flour with a pinch of turmeric powder and water to form a paste and use it as a face mask. No matter how bizarre it sounds, it seems to always work.

What is Nomarks?
Nomarks is a brand that has been in constant growth since 2001 in Ayurvedic skin care product range. It hasn't been very popular here in the UK which is probably the reason why many of you have never heard of it until now.
In 2006-07 they had a turnover of approximately $9.7million and the products are currently being exported to 15 countries.
Nomarks is the youngest brand to achieve the dual honour of being amongst the 'most trusted' (the Brand Equity AC Nielsen ORG MARG Survey 2003) and 'most preferred brand' award 4 years continuously from 2003-2006 which was based on a survey carried out in India.

'Nomarks' is a skin care range which now caters for many skin problems. There is an anti-marks and fairness cream in the range which is a simple face cream that reduces marks, dark spots and blemishes to give you flawless glowing skin. The packaging states you will notice fading of marks in just 4weeks. Too good to be true, I thought until recently. I saw a tube lying around (I must have bought it ages ago and forgotten I ever had it), so I started applying it every evening before I went to bed. Honestly, within 2weeks, I had a colleague of mine comment that I had a natural glow on my face and then my mother-in-law mentioned how my skin look brighter and clearer.
The cream is a pale yellow colour with a very distinctive smell. Some may find it pleasant, some may not but you get used to it.
Directions for use: Apply Nomarks cream at least twice daily. For better results, apply after bath and at bedtime.
I only use at bedtime as I still use my normal day cream in the morning before applying my make-up. It is easy to use, I dab it on my face and then blend it in using circular motions working upwards until absorbed.
The cream is available to suit all skin types; normal, dry and oily. I have been using the normal one as I have combination skin of oily and normal.

What it says on the leaflet:
A unique combination of micronutrients, antioxidants and antibacterial.
Penetrates well into the skin to diminish and clear marks
Daily usage prevents aggravation of marks and also gives glowing fairness
Regular application nourishes the skin

Key Ingredients:
Turmeric - Antioxidant & antibacterial. Reduces dark/brown marks
Aloe - Moisturises, soothes and lightens dark spots
Lemon Peel - helps to lighten skin tone
Wheat Germ Oil - Rich in Vitamin E, antioxidant
Other ingredients include Margosa, sandalwood and marigold.

Other products in the range:
There are many products in the Nomarks skin care range but to be honest, I have never seen them or tried them. They can be bought online I'm sure but cannot comment on them.
Products include: Fruit Face Pack, Elbow Cream, Face Wash, Lotion, Lip Balm, Walnut Scrub, Scrub Soap, Oil control Soap, Moisturising Soap and Herbal face wash.
You can find more information on Nomarks website www.nomarks.in

I have seen the cream available in a few local Chemists (normally gathering dust on the shelves) but never in a popular high street retailer like Boots or in any department store. I once saw it priced at £12.99, but I'm sure if you Google it, you can buy it online cheaper.
My parents recently went to India so I asked my mu to buy me a few tubes depending on the price. She bought me 2tubes priced at 70rupees each (under £1). It just goes to show what kind of mark up there is on the exported products.
The package my mum bought also has the Fruit Face Pack as a freebie which I still need to try. It's enriched with papaya, pineapple, lemon, tomato extracts and coconut. An unusual combination but smells good enough to eat.

Would I recommend this product?
Definitely! You may be put off by the smell initially but after a few weeks your skin will feel brighter. I still want to try the other products in the range as I have confidence in the brand Nomarks.

Thanks for reading!

• dickyj published 14/01/2009
    Great review, I'll have to try this.
  • redeyes22 published 05/01/2009
    great review aggy
  • tractor-boy published 05/01/2009
    Sounds like it does its job well enough