Nokia 2610

Nokia 2610

Review of "Nokia 2610"

published 04/07/2010 | Sunnysmiles
Member since : 22/07/2005
Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here
Pro simple to use
Cons bit out dated
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Good old brick"

I have owned this Nokia 2610 for a few years now and even though it is an old model it suits me just fine. It is basic enough for me to use as I'm not keen on the modern mobiles.
The screen is clear to read and the buttons are in the typical Nokia places which is good for me as I have always tended to have a preference for Nokia phones. I think its because the first mobile phone I ever bought was a Nokia and I am now used to the style and layout of the Nokia phones.

This model can be bought on Ebay for around £12.99 which is a lot less than I paid when I first purchased it from Carphone Warehouse at a whopping £49.99.
It is a candybar style phone and has a standby time of 300 hours or 3 hours of usage battery time this all depends on whether you are phoning, texting or playing the games on the phone.

It has a vibrating alert for if you want to get messages on silent or if you are in a noisy place and can't hear your ringtone. There is a good choice of ringtones to choose from, but unfortunately this isn't a camera phone so you can't use it with your computer to upload phones.
as a basic mobile it is compact, light weight and easy to naviget around.
It has predictive texting which after all the years I have owned a mobile I still can't fathom it out.

You get a battery charger with it and it also has exchangable covers if you want to buy another colour casing at extra cost.
These can be found on markets and some phone shops, as well as online.
The thing I like about this is the voice recorder, this has come in handy for me a few times as you can just speak the persons name you want to ring and it will call them for you.
You have to pre- programme this function but it comes in handy if you need to phone someone quickly and can't or don't have time to go through the address menu in your phone.

There is also WAP and email on the phone but to be honest I don't use this as it only eats up your talk time. It is a pay as you go phone on the Orange network and the signal strength is very good in most places, it's very rare I go anywhere that I can't get reception.
It's a basic phone without bluetooth or some of the other features an upto date mobile phone has but for me it is durable, easy to use and does the job I need it for.

In time I will probably update it to a new version but I do like the style of the phone, but for now this one suits me as its an easy to use tough little phone as it has survived being dropped on the floor a few times and it is pay as you go and cheap to run.

• paulpry118 published 05/07/2010
    I much prefer the phones that are just phones without the millions of fancy gadgets that confuse you on new phones
  • just.bcoz published 04/07/2010
    The Nokia brick phones are great, they last so much longer than modern phones. Great Review xx
  • lorna_call published 04/07/2010