Nokia 6120 Classic

Nokia 6120 Classic

Review of "Nokia 6120 Classic"

published 13/09/2007 | CoupeQueen
Member since : 08/07/2007
Hi, I'm Alyson. I live in Wales with my boyfriend, my two little boys Jac and Harri, and my two cats. Thanks to everyone who has looked at and rated my reviews. I also write under the same name on Dooyoo. xx
Pro Looks good, has all the features.
Cons Could do with a camera with more megapixels.
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"NOKIA 6120 - A FAB PHONE!"

I don't actually own this mobile but my boyfriend does. I tend to use it a lot when I run out of my free minutes and texts (he's on a higher tariff than me), I also like to 'play' with it a lot, such as with games, music etc so I think I qualify to review it.
He had this phone as a free upgrade from 3. Like me, he had the Nokia 6280 previously and thought it was rubbish, unlike me, he decided to stick with a Nokia. (I have a Sony Ericsson).

DESIGN
I have to admit it's a really nice looking phone. It's slim, stylish and not too big and bulky. It's mainly black with chrome around the edge, on some of the buttons and on the camera lens. I have recently seen that you can get this phone in pink and white also. The display screen is a 2 inch, 16 million colour QVGA Screen, 320 x 240 pixels. The dimensions of the phone are 105 x 46 x 15 mm and weighs 89 g.

MUSIC
You can use this phone to listen to both music that you have downloaded, and the radio. It comes with headphones so you can use it as a walkman. Unfortunately, this phone didn't come with a memory card so my boyfriend had to buy one, he got a 2GB micro SD card from eBay for £11.99. The phone already had up to 35MB of memory which is pretty poor for an up-to-date phone coming from a company like nokia. To transfer songs between your PC and your mobile you need to load the Nokia PC Suite CD on to your PC. You can then use the USB cable to connect the phone to the PC which is provided in the box when you receive the phone. You can also connect to the internet using the phone, my boyfriend is with the 3 network and gets £5 worth of downloads every month, you can spend this on music at £1.29 per song, they do have sales also.

CAMERA
This phone has a 2 megapixel camera with flash and panorama imaging. You can use it to take still pictures and videos. It's very simple to use with a one touch button on the side of the phone, this takes you straight into shooting mode. The phone has a nice big screen which is great for taking pics and videos. You can send these photos and videos as messages or you can transfer them onto your PC. You can also edit your photos, by cropping, resizing, red-eye reduction, rotate, adjust the sharpness, contrast + brightness and add clip-art and frames, there are 20 frames to choose from and 51 clip-art pics. You can also change the colour of the photos to negative, sepia and black and white, or cartoonise the photo. I think this aspect of the phone is great, you can have so much fun playing around with it - I have!

MESSAGING
There are various ways of sending messages with this phone.
SMS - These are text messages, they can be written using predictive text if required.
MMS - multimedia messages. These can be photos, videos or voice recordings.
Email - you can send messages to email addresses. First you must set up your email on your phone.
I think that one of the greatest things about this phone is that when a text message is received, you can actually listen to it. You hear it in a strange voice which is quite funny and it always makes me laugh. So if you need to use glasses and you don't have them with you, you can still listen to the message.

CONNECTIVITY
This phone has Bluetooth, you can send and receive messages, music files, photos, and videos free using this method, but you must be a certain distance away from the sender/recipient. You can also synchronise your phone with another phone via Bluetooth and take their information instantly on request. This is very useful if you have a new phone and want all the contacts etc from your old one.
You can connect to your PC via a USB lead which is provided. You can then transfer information between your mobile and your PC.
You can also synchronise your mobile with your PC using the Nokia PC Suite.

ORGANISER
The organiser includes a currency converter, calendar, notes, calculator, clock, Adobe PDF and Quickoffice. Most of these are self-explanatory, the Quickoffice is used to view a list of Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. You can use Adobe to view portable document format (pdf) documents.

GAMES
The phone comes with 4 games, three of which are just demos. I think this is quite bad really, you'd expect more from an expensive top of the range phone. My boyfriend is with the 3 network and as I said before he does get £5 worth of downloads each month, he can use this to buy games, they cost £4.99 per game but they do have sales on.

BATTERY
Standby - 186 minutes
Talk - 230 hours

WEB
You can connect to the web using this mobile. There are certain free sites using the 3 network, such as news and sport. You can also use eBay for free. There is a separate charge for surfing the internet though.

OVERALL OPINION
I think that this is a great mobile and if I didn't have mine (Sony Ericsson w660i), then this would probably be my second choice. It has everything my boyfriend needs and he has had no problems with it whatsoever. The only thing that would make it any better is if the camera had more megapixels. We do have a digital camera so he has no real need for this feature. All in all, this is a great phone that myself and my boyfriend would recommend!

• plod591 published 02/02/2011
    As I am still on my Nokia 5200, I think I may come out of the dark ages one day and upgrade !! Nicely reviewed.
  • just.bcoz published 02/03/2008
    Great review very detailed
  • Beaker66 published 11/02/2008
    Great review. Rich

offers "Nokia 6120 Classic"