Review of "Nokia 8250"

published 28/01/2006 | harrisjalil
Member since : 16/10/2005
Hi All Ciaoian! Busy Bee again,,, i will try my best to reply all your comments, rates and good words! -- Harris :-)
Pro Small, Blue Light, Great Design
Cons No Auto Key Lock Function
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Elegant, Small, Amazing!"

Introduction

For your information, Nokia 8250 was specifically designed for the Asia Pacific region such as Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Korea. Nokia 8250 are slightly similar with the previous version of Nokia 8210 in terms of its size. What I like the most with this mobile phone is the keypad that is very comfortable to touch and have an elegant design compared to previous design. The selection key had been combined into a single key and being designed into a butterfly like design. That is why most of the people here in the pacific region like to call the mobile phone as the Nokia Butterfly instead of Nokia 8250. The price at that time was around 700 Malaysian Ringgit or equivalent to £100 UK Pound. Unfortunately, this mobile was unavailable in European country, but many of the people from European region are able to get this phone from abroad.

Advantage

1. Size

a. This mobile is very small in size and very light in weight. It is about four inches long and this mobile is very lightweight. Its suits your pockets and it was too small even sometimes I don't realize that I left my mobile in my pocket.

2. Phone and Keypad Design

a. The 'butterfly' design was the main reason why I bought this mobile phone.

b. Other than that, it is very comfortable to use the keypad compared to pervious model. Perfect for the person who like to send short messages or sending text messages.

c. At the back of the phone, there is some yellow decoration located at the battery cover of the phone.

3. Blue Backlight

a. I think this is the first time Nokia had produced a blue backlight for the screen. As for me, the light was very beautiful especially when u have a good or new Clip-on Color Cover.

4. Function

a. There are lots of new functions in the mobile.

i. Caller Groups- where we can customized any incoming call into one groups such as family, friends and others. It can also do some setting to the ringing tone and graphic for the caller group.

ii. Voice dialing- is also available with Nokia 8250. You can make phone calls by just calling the name of the person but of course you have to set the sound first in order to make the voice dialing works.

iii. Picture message- is also available in this mobile. Other phone user can send and receive monochrome picture message by just like sending ordinary text messages.

iv. You also can chat using this mobile phone.

v. Call Cost function- in this mobile was optional and it's depending on the network provider. If the network providers do have this function, the users don't need to call the network provider in order to know their credit balance.

vi. Ring tone composer- is also available in the mobile phone. But unfortunately, there is no polyphonic ring tone available.

vii. Divert call service- is also available so that you can divert all calls when you are not available.
viii. You also can do currency conversion using the calculator menu in the mobile.

ix. Infra red- features that available in this mobile phone have many great functions such as transferring data, playing games with other mobile user and others.

Disadvantage

1. Language

a. Only Asian language such as Malay, Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean and Thai language are available. Fortunately, English are available as a default language in this mobile phone.

2. Phone cover.

a. The mobile phone cover can easily broke down into pieces if you drop it on the hard surface, but there are easy ways to prevent this problem. You just need to put a mobile phone cover protector to the phone just to hold the mobile phone. I think almost all Nokia mobile phone have the same problem and most of the problem can be resolved by spending some money for the mobile phone cover protector.

3. Auto Key Lock Function

a. There is no auto key lock function on Nokia 8250. So I have to remind myself to lock the keypad every time I use the mobile phone. Or else, I maybe will end up paying lots of money for calling the number that I accidentally dialed because when I put the mobile phone without locking the keypad in my pocket, the keypad will accidentally touch the pocket surface and accidentally activate the shortcut keys and automatically make a call.

4. Voice dialing.

a. Actually I am not sure whether I want to classified this as an advantage or disadvantage… this mobile phone have a very sensitive microphone that can record all the sound that being produced. It also manage to record the background sound. So, if you want to record a voice for your voice dialing, make sure you record your voice in a very quiet room or you will be having difficulties on operating voice dialing.

Product conclusion

As the conclusion, this mobile phone is absolutely easy to operate and simple. The design is superb and the blue backlight makes me love this mobile phone even more. I had lost my mobile phone twice and when I want to buy a new mobile, I still buy the same Nokia 8250. I would suggest you to buy this phone as well.

• lyza published 21/02/2006
    well good review mate... however don't you think it a bit old fashion now..heheh sorry mate... BTW nicely written