Nokia C3-01

Nokia C3-01

Review of "Nokia C3-01"

published 23/04/2012 | rabbit88
Member since : 28/07/2009
Hello everyone. I am 24 and I work as a nursery nurse. I enjoy reading, swimming, watching tv and keeping fit. I hope to get better at writing through ciao
Pro Good camera, Long lasting battery, looks good

"Shiny Nokia C3"

Nokia C3-01 Gold Edition

Nokia C3-01 Gold Edition

Nokia C3 Mobile

I was due for an upgrade at the end of March and I took my time on T-mobiles website choosing my phone. First I thought I would go for a Blackberry but as I wasn’t going to be checking my emails or using the internet then it was pointless. After nearly 2 weeks of deciding I finally came to the conclusion on the Nokia C3 Gold edition.

The Product

This phone is a touch and type phone so I can use the keypad to text and dial numbers and for everything else such as scrolling through menus, unlocking the phone or playing games you touch the screen. When I first got the phone it came in a nice blue cylinder box with a picture of my phone on the front. The phone itself is gold round the outside and the keypad is white. This phone is quite easy to use as you just swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it then you are ready to go to whatever you need such as the menu which has all the basic things such as contacts, music, messages, photos, games. To select one of these things you simply just tap one of these icons which will take you to another set of options. The phone is fairly thin but long in size. It has a 5 mega pixel camera, up to 330 minutes talk time, 334 MB, Games which a few of them are demos but you can buy them if you can afford to. This phone comes in silver as well but I thought the gold one looked much better. This phone comes with a cloth for cleaning all the fingerprints off the screen which is ideal for me. It also comes with headphones but I don’t tend to listen to music on my mobile so haven’t tried these out yet.

My opinions

When I first got the phone I could not get in to the box to open it but I soon found that the box slides out from underneath. The phone is very easy to use once I got the hang of the touch screen bit. I left the plastic cover on the screen for ages with the hand on that tells you where to swipe so I could practice. Since I got it I have only dropped it once and it hasn’t broken straight away so that is a good thing especially for me as I have a habit of dropping phones. The camera is very good as you will see from the photo above. It depends how much I play games on the battery life because if I only play games once or twice a week then it will last 4 or 5 days but if I don’t then it could last me a week. I haven’t had any problem so far with the reception. I tend to find that Nokia’s are very reliable and even when dropped a million times still work as happened with my last phone. I hope not to drop this phone very much only time will tell. I recommend this phone but not from ebay as they are charging £599 from new. I got this as an upgrade and I think if you can do that then that’s the best thing.

• JasonJRogers published 09/05/2012
    Fab review!
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 26/04/2012
    My bro-in-law has recently got this phone, it looks a nice one. x
  • Spottydog11 published 24/04/2012
    Good review x

Product Information : Nokia C3-01

Encased in stunning 18 carat gold plating, the Gold Edition offers all the great features of the C3-01 while adding a touch of luxury. A fast 1 GHz processor makes sure that everything runs better than ever. Apps run quickly and smoothly. Scroll through photos effortlessly and browse the web with ease.

Product Description: Nokia C3-01 - warm grey - 3G GSM - mobile phone, Nokia C3-01 - silver - 3G GSM - mobile phone, Nokia C3-01 - Gold Edition - gold - 3G GSM - mobile phone

Product Type: Mobile phone

Band: WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Integrated Components: Digital camera, FM radio, digital player, voice recorder

Rear-facing Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi

Display: LCD display - colour - 2.4", Colour - 2.4"

Input Device(s): Touch sensitive screen

Instant Messaging Services: Yes, OVI Chat

Supported Social Networks and Blogs: Twitter, Facebook

Playback Digital Standards: WMA, AAC, MP3, AAC +, eAAC+ , MPEG-4, 3GP, H.264, H.263

Supported Memory Card: microSDHC - up to 32 GB

Talk Time: Up to 330 minutes, Up to 336 minutes

Standby Time: Up to 440 hours, Up to 432 hours, Up to 405 hours

Cellular / Type: Smartphone

Cellular / Mobile Broadband Generation: 3G

Communications / Wireless Interface: Wifi; Bluetooth

Manufacturer: Nokia

Display Type: TFT

Cellular / Integrated Components: 5 MP digital camera; FM radio; MP3 player, Digital Camera; FM Radio; MP3 player

Cellular / Band: Quad Band

Cellular / Technology: GPRS; EDGE; UMTS; HSDPA

Cellular / Phone Form Factor: Classic

Long Name: C3-01 Touch and Type, C3-01 Gold Edition

Optical Sensor / Sensor Resolution: 5

Phone Design: Candy bar

SAR Value: 1.18 W/kg

General

MPN: 002T8G7, 002X5H2, 002X5H1, 002X8N1, 002W6S6, NOKIA C3-01 SILVER, 002X2N0, 002X930, 002W6S9, 002V079, 002T0G5, 002W7Q6, 002T178

Product Type: Mobile phone

WAP Protocol Supported: WAP 2.0

Communications

Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, IEEE 802.11b/g/n

Bluetooth Profiles: Basic Printing Profile (BPP)

Communication Features: Mobile Email client, VoIP client, Internet browser

WLAN Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2

Phone Features

Phone Functions: Speakerphone, voice control, call timer, conference call, flight mode, voice dialing, vibrating alert

Speech Codec: EFR, FR, HR

Polyphonic Ringer: Yes

Polyphonic Ring Tone Voice Qty: 64

Ring Tone Formats: MP3, AAC, WMA

Additional Features: World clock, PictBridge direct printing, Radio Data Service (RDS), software updates FOTA (Firmware Over The Air)

Sensors: Ambient light sensor

Organiser

Personal Information Management: Calendar, synchronization with PC, calculator, unit conversion, reminder, countdown timer, alarm clock

Phone Book Entries Qty: 2000

White Balance: Automatic, presets

Camera Light Source: LED light, Flash

Features: Video recording, Landscape/portrait mode, video recording

Digital Video Formats: MPEG-4

Video Recorder Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA), 640 x 480 (VGA)

Lens Aperture: F/2.4

Connector Type: Micro-USB ¦ Headset / AV composite out - mini-phone 3.5mm

Battery

Technology: Lithium Ion

Capacity: 1050 mAh

Run Time Details: Talk ( GSM ) - up to 330 min ¦ Talk ( CDMA ) - up to 240 min ¦ Standby ( GSM ) - up to 405 hrs ¦ Standby ( CDMA ) - up to 440 hrs ¦ Playback ( Music ) - up to 20 hrs

Miscellaneous