Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool

Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool

Review of "Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool"

published 15/02/2004 | gurock33
Member since : 15/02/2004
Satisfactory
Pro the food was really good
Cons too many!!

"My stay at the Norbeck"

Myself and my family stayed at the Norbeck last week. The hotel was under alot of construction work for the high season period, non of which was mentioned whilst booking. We stayed there for 2 nights, and they were the worst 2 nights we have ever had.... The temperature throughout the building was soooo hot, we sat at dinner exhausted from the heat looking around at everyones red faces. The nights were unbearable so I soaked towels to cover the untouchable radiator..... asked reception to turn the heating down which they said they would... but didnt, later discovered they couldnt as OAP's and disability guests were staying so it had to be on full! The room which we stayed in was dirty, bath had cracks in, wardrobe falling to bits, and the wondows were so dirty it looked constantly misty outside. All of blackpool was closed down as it was not in season, grrr just a waste of money and time. We ended up going to fleetwood and shopping, something of which we could of done 2 miles down the road.

Anyway, in season I think the Norbeck will be very good if improved by new management, im just angry that I wasnt informed that most of the activities there would be closed due to maintenance work, and that the Sauna temperature was cooler than my room! If anyone out there is planning on booking, my advice is to call and ask what activities is open or just look else where.

• denbains published 16/02/2004
    Hi, welcome to ciao, good 1st review
  • Emma1973 published 16/02/2004
    Are you sure it deserves 2 stars?
  • thingywhatsit published 15/02/2004
    You did very well to get a helpful rating without having read any reviews on here. If you read a few, you will get even better ratings because its kind of a learning curb. Welcome to ciao. They are a friendly crowd on here. Rachel :0)

Product Information : Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool

Norbreck Castle Hotel is perfectly located for holidays, short breaks and weekend visits to Blackpool. The hotel hosts 480 en-suite bedrooms, many with sea views and provides a set menu in the main restaurant and bar. The Norbreck Castle is an ideal family hotel providing plenty of entertainment for children. The exclusive 36-seater hotel cinema plays a number of children's films and cartoons.

Rating: 2 Stars