Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool

Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool

Review of "Norbreck Castle Hotel, Blackpool"

published 29/08/2006 | Mickie26
Member since : 11/01/2003
I have decided to come back and start writing again.
Pro Lovely staff, very clean, lots of eating places.
Cons None I can think of.

"A Castle Fit For A King And Queen"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction
The Norbreck Castle Hotel has been in Blackpool a long time. I have been lucky enough to go to this hotel on several occasions and for many different reasons. Every occasion I have been to this hotel I have good and pleasant memories of it. I remember going the year before my Grandfather died it was for his 70th Wedding Anniversary (Platinum) and we had a big family meal there. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was a good reunion and all of our family turned up and it was held in a really big room. When we arrived at the hotel we were taken into a room where we were served drinks and had snacks such as nuts and crisps. The room was really posh and everything was clean. The carpeted floors looked like they had just been vacuumed; the mirrors and doors were all polished and smear free. Later on after about an hour we were taken to the room where we had our meal. The food was hot and delicious. We didn't have to wait long to be served, but there was also enough time for speeches to be made and for us to enjoy the food. We were not rushed. It tasted lovely and the waiters were wonderful and really made my Grandfather's special day. They waited whilst we made speeches and then afterwards brought our meals out and afterwards we enjoyed coffee and biscuits at our leisure. I have some lovely memories of the Norbreck Hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to you.

The Hotel
The hotel has a lot of fairs and exhibitions taking place there and it is a lovely place to hold them. You always get a warm friendly greeting and the rooms are very big and spacious. There are several different rooms that you can choose from and it is up to you to decide which one would best suit you, but if you need help in deciding then the receptionist will help.
When I went to the cat show a few years ago I was taken aback by the entrance to this hotel which is wonderfully situated by the seafront. The car park is big and there is usually plenty of room to park which is good. The car park looks nice as well the entrance to the hotel looks nice. Because it is like a castle the hotel looks good and they have recently had all the paint work done so it looks freshly painted and very pretty. The hotel is very tidy and there are lots of rest rooms which are all tidy. There is a good supply of liquid soap working dryers and toilets which smell fresh as well as look clean. I don't think there has ever been a need for me to complain. I have been to weddings and family meals there. It is an upmarket hotel that features a lovely swimming pool and fitness area which I have also been to. If you go to the fitness club as a guest then you have to pay last time I went I think it was about £5. Because of its ideal location it is an excellent choice of hotel for a holiday. It would make a great place to visit for a short break, weekend visit or even a long stay over a week or two. It is a hotel where you can come and relax and not have to worry about anything. It is nice that it is by the sea because if you don't get the luxury of waking up next to the seaside you can take a leisurely stroll by the sea and listen to the Gulls singing their songs. If you are very romantic and are on a romantic break which may be your honeymoon then you can sit and watch the sun set in the evening. You could if you are brave enough dip your feet in the sea though I would not recommend it as it is not very clean, but it is gradually getting cleaner.
The Norbreck Castle Hotel has 480 en-suite bedrooms, many with sea views. Imagine waking up in the morning opening the curtains and looking out on the sea. In the winter you can watch the waves roar like monsters and splash out onto the roads. If you stay in the winter time then you can expect all kinds of weather usually wet, windy and cold. Sometimes we even have snow. In the winter the hotel is always warm and is a nice place to stay in and cuddle up. You might come in the winter for the illuminations and you have come to the best place if you stay in the Norbreck Castle because the best illuminations are by the Norbreck Castle. You can even look out onto the illuminations.
You can eat in the hotel in the main restaurant & bar where there is a set menu. The Norbreck Castle is great for families and they are used to entertaining families. There is a range of free entertainment for children and adults including a 36-seater hotel cinema which plays a number of children's films and cartoons. The hotel has a leisure club, with free entrance if you are staying in the hotel. It hosts an 18 metre indoor heated pool, a splash pool for the very young, and a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi whirlpool, aerobics/dance studio, hair and beauty treatment rooms, snooker/games room. Nightly entertainment is staged with dancing, family disco and cabaret. There is a fully equipped gymnasium, with state of the art equipment which is available at an extra cost. Copper Face Jacks Pub, the Boston Stakeout American themed family restaurant, Children's' Adventure soft play area and a choice of seasonal entertainment are some of the facilities on offer.
The Norbreck Castle is situated on Queens Promenade a good place to get a tram or bus that takes you along the promenade.
Prices And Other Features

Check-in time 1500hrs
Check-out time 1030hrs

Ratings Three Stars

Location
The hotel takes pride of place overlooking the north bay of Blackpool, with impressive views along the vast shoreline of Lancashire.Follow the M55 to Blackpool., Head for the Seafront/Promenade, Head North on the Promenade (with the sea on your left), The hotel is approximately 3 miles on the right (just past Bispham).

Up to £45 per person per night

Please note this is only a guide price based on maximum room occupancy.

Overall Impression

A wonderful place to stay and eat. One of the websites refers to the hotel as a resort within a resort and I would have to agree. As well as a place to stay there is entertainment, cinema for your kids and wonderful places to eat. It is wonderfully situated for easy access to the rest of the resort and yes I would recommend it.

• 6chris6 published 19/10/2006
    I've never been to Blackpool but should I ever go then I will keep this in mind...
  • jesi published 17/10/2006
    I am interested in knowing about disabled facilities and the condition of the mattresses ~ the covers, curtains and decor may LOOK fit for a King and Queen ~ but do they pass the "princess and the pea" test? ~~~ I would not enjoy a break much if I was tossing and turning all night ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !
  • angiegw published 22/09/2006
    A very thorough review, apart from the surprising lack of detail about the rooms themselves. Have you actually *stayed* here? If not, it probably would have been helpful to mention that and draw peoples attention to the fact that you are not doing a review of the rooms themselves, as that's what I look for information about first if I'm thinking of staying in a hotel.... Angie