Norfrost C4AES

Norfrost C4AES

Review of "Norfrost C4AES"

published 01/08/2012 | mikeborry
Member since : 13/09/2010
Hi, also on dooyoo, same name.... I will return rates, if I don't send me a message.
Pro Brilliant, roomy and quiet.
Cons None.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Filling up my chest!"

I apologise to anyone who may have first thought that this review (due to the title) was going to be about boob jobs and increasing my size... it isn't! I mearly meant filling up the freezer!

So this freezer was a brilliant buy for us, at the time we were a family of four, us two adults and a 6yr old and a 3yr old, I bought it second hand and paid £25. Our fridge freezer at the time was mostly fridge with a little freezer so it wasn't really suitable for our needs anymore so that was our main reason for buying a second freezer.
I saw this freezer in a little second hand place not far from where we live, they don't very often have electrical items in but I am glad we happened to pop in the day this chest freezer was there.

At the time we didn't have much space free to have a large chest freezer and I was looking for a normal under counter freezer but this is the same size as one of these, the only difference being is that there is a hinged lid on the top, so it can't go under the counter/worktop. It wasn't much of a problem for us as I put it under the stairs out of the way.
Even though it was second hand, the instruction booklet was inside as was the little basket, it was in brilliant condition and looked pretty much like new, apart from a little dent on the one side.

The instructions told us to put it on for 24 hours empty so that it would reach the right degree of coldness before we were to put food in it. Like I have already said this was a second freezer for us so that didn't bother us at all.

The freezer is nice and spacious inside, allowing plenty of room to really stock up, I found it really useful for buying meat in the reduced sections in the supermarket and freezer the bulk so we had plenty to last us.
There's ample room to store plenty of food, and I found that due to this I needed to go shopping for frozen stuff less often.

There's a handy little basket that sits on the top of the freezer (inside!) and this is great for ice lollies and just bit's like that in general. I do now know that you can buy additional baskets if you so wish. I know this as we have upgraded this chest freezer to a larger one due to the fact we now have two more children and my lovely american style fridge freezer recently broke :(.

So back to the Norfrost chest freezer, this is an A rated appliance and is very quiet when on, it looks good and quite stylish with a raised square type front and sides. We had it in white but it is also available in silver.
It has a 102l capacity making it useful for families. Another brilliant thing is that it will keep food stuff frozen for 24 hours should there be a power cut.
I found this freezer fantastic and in the end we bought an under counter fridge and got rid of our old fridge freezer as the freezer had been made redundant after getting this.
In the 3 years we had it I had no problems with it at all and the only reason I gave it away was because I was given an american type fridge freezer, when this broke down I was on the look out for this particular freezer once again but found the larger capacity model on offer at the same price online so went for that instead.

One last thing to mention... the lid sometimes needs a little lean on to ensure it is closed properly as if it isn't you will get a large build up of ice around the seal.

The retail price of this is £149.99 online, but I was lucky to get a fantastic deal second hand.

Product Information : Norfrost C4AES

A brilliant chest freezer for storing goods for extended periods of time. The four-star freezer rating keeps things cold enough to store food for months, and is able to freeze fresh food with its fast-freeze function.The lid is counter-weighted for easier opening.Comes with a 1 year manufacturer's guarantee.

Manufacturer: Norfrost

Construction: Freestanding

Height in cm: 85.5, 90, 86, 85

Type of Freezer: Chest

Display: No

EAN: 5050595343728, 5029744514043, 5029744514302, 5029744514159, 5029744514531, 5029744514685, 5029744514081, 5029744514111, 5029744524431, 5029744514104, 5029744501579, 5029744514289, 5029744540356, 5029744514586

Energy Efficiency Class (EU): C, A, B