Norwich Union (CGNU)

Norwich Union (CGNU)

Review of "Norwich Union (CGNU)"

published 22/07/2003 | Maharaja
Member since : 21/07/2003
Pro Very Competitive, on-line quotes easy to obtain
Cons none
Competitiveness of APR
Comprehensiveness of range of products
Product package
Efficiency of service

"Good Value, Excellent Cover"

I recently purchased single trip travel insurance to the USA through Norwich Union, the service was fast, efficient and cheap.

The web-site provides an online quote, which came to £28, and is very easy to use. Answer a few questions and hey presto job done. You can call for a quote if you prefer.

The price NU quoted was far cheaper than other providers. I asked for quotes from several, including Tesco (£43) and Natwest (£41), and found that most of them are simply resellers of insurance that is provided by other insurers - which means they are selling on a commission basis - therefore dealing with NU directly is much cheaper, aswell as easy to do.

I found online insurance cheaper at £25, but after reading the terms and conditions, I realised that the excess was £50 - NU charge £35 which is very competitive and one of the lowest around.
My cover also included baggage upto the value of £1500, with a maximum of £250 for any one item.

For me it was a very attractive policy which offered everything I needed at the cheapest price from a major insurer. Having not had to make a claim I can't speak about the claims process, but my initial interactions with NU have been nothing but positive.

• SparkyDeighton published 22/07/2003
    Good review but as you admit limited as you have not had to make a calim; that's the real test with insurance companies.

Product Information : Norwich Union (CGNU)

Listed on Ciao since: 02/02/2001