Norwich Union Direct

Norwich Union Direct

Review of "Norwich Union Direct"

published 09/04/2001 | WAD1-2-3
Member since : 16/12/2000
Pro see text
Cons see text
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Car insurance got cheaper and better"

This has to be one of the cheapest and most efficient car insurance companies going. Over the last week I have tried all the top names and over 50 other companies, the quotes I were given varied and ranged from £800-£1400 for third party insurance which covers fire and theft for me and my twin sister, so two relatively inexperienced drivers.

I thought I would have to pay about £800 when I rang Norwich Union up, to tell you the truth I expected another high quote but I give them a go anyway.
Like most insurance companies I was asked my details, the car details and I was put on hold and within a few minutes I got a quote.

For fully comprehensive it was £956 and third party fire and theft was £650, wow that was impressive, the cheapest quote by far. Even better was the fact that they would reduce it for me to £587.25 if I paid now.
A slight problem I do have credit and visa card but they are all near the limit and I didn’t want to have to go in the red. It was Saturday morning and I am unable to go to the bank until Monday and put the money in.
So….
I explained the situation to them, she had a word with her manager and agreed to keep the £587 price for me. I was pleased.

The agreement included courtesy car and all legal expenses, I was so happy it was the cheapest quote I ever had. I made them go over the details just to make sure they didn’t put any incorrect details.

So, today morning I have my car insured for another year. I know most of you probably think I paid too much for it but for two 19 year olds with no claim bonuses it’s a lot cheaper.

I was so impressed by the level of customer care, the person I spoke to was so helpful and to hold the deal for me was so kind.
I was given a reference number to ring back and within minutes I was able to insure my car.

If anyone who is young and aged between 17-21 I would suggest Norwich Union, you can find them in the Yellow pages or ring them on:
0800 888 112
and just see the difference, from last year I saved over £300 and that was just me by myself.

• moo-cow published 21/10/2005
    Thanks for the review. It has helped me make up my mind. I'm learning to drive and have just got a good deal on a first car. Some quotes were £1,000 and beyond. Theirs was the cheapest, but I still needed convincing. Your review has really helped, so thank you very much. :)
  • kev93_10 published 22/10/2003
    Know what you mean mate. I got much cheaper cover from them aswell. Saved me a fortune!! Kev

Product Information : Norwich Union Direct