WAD1-2-3 5

WAD1-2-3

Member since:16.12.2000

Car insurance got cheaper and better

09.04.2001

Advantages:
see text

Disadvantages:
see text

Price

1. agrimsby
  2. sue.51
  3. kev93_10
and a further member

This has to be one of the cheapest and most efficient car insurance companies going. Over the last week I have tried all the top names and over 50 other companies, the quotes I were given varied and ranged from £800-£1400 for third party insurance which covers fire and theft for me and my twin sister, so two relatively inexperienced drivers.

I thought I would have to pay about £800 when I rang Norwich Union up, to tell you the truth I expected another high quote but I give them a go anyway.
Like most insurance companies I was asked my details, the car details and I was put on hold and within a few minutes I got a quote.

For fully comprehensive it was £956 and third party fire and theft was £650, wow that was impressive, the cheapest quote by far. Even better was the fact that they would reduce it for me to £587.25 if I paid now.
A slight problem I do have credit and visa card but they are all near the limit and I didn’t want to have to go in the red. It was Saturday morning and I am unable to go to the bank until Monday and put the money in.
So….
I explained the situation to them, she had a word with her manager and agreed to keep the £587 price for me. I was pleased.

The agreement included courtesy car and all legal expenses, I was so happy it was the cheapest quote I ever had. I made them go over the details just to make sure they didn’t put any incorrect details.

So, today morning I have my car insured for another year. I know most of you probably think I paid too much for it but for two 19 year olds with no claim bonuses it’s a lot cheaper.

I was so impressed by the level of customer care, the person I spoke to was so helpful and to hold the deal for me was so kind.
I was given a reference number to ring back and within minutes I was able to insure my car.

If anyone who is young and aged between 17-21 I would suggest Norwich Union, you can find them in the Yellow pages or ring them on:
0800 888 112
and just see the difference, from last year I saved over £300 and that was just me by myself.

moo-cow 21.10.2005 22:55

Thanks for the review. It has helped me make up my mind. I'm learning to drive and have just got a good deal on a first car. Some quotes were £1,000 and beyond. Theirs was the cheapest, but I still needed convincing. Your review has really helped, so thank you very much. :)

kev93_10 22.10.2003 12:50

Know what you mean mate. I got much cheaper cover from them aswell. Saved me a fortune!! Kev