The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
While Nottingham is rapidly gaining respect as a centre of excellence, do remember that as far as potential employers are concerned (especially overseas)there really is no comparison with Oxbridge. The supremacy of Oxbridge has been embedded deep into the English speaking world's subconcious for centuries. Do not forget that it has produced or nurtured the majority of Britain's and alot of the world's most esteemed statesmen, writers, industrialists, scientists and engineers. Until we have a truly meritocratic society that takes its education through a bolstered Open University via the internet, it is unlikely that the old prestige of Oxbridge will be lost to any other universities.
While the campus is pleasant, there is again no comparison with the magnificent architecture that adorns Oxbridge. You do not see hordes of Japanese tourists running round the Nottingham campus.
this tells me nothing about nottingham.
on the matter of ox v notts i'd choose notts everytime, start working and earning money and moving up the careers ladder a whole year before the Oxbridge graduate, and be ahead of them in terms of
1. money earned since i start work earlier
2. promotion since i'd be a year ahead of them. One whole year!
3. money saved during study, since I'm studying for one year less for the same qualifications.
4. Nottingham's a MUCH better city than Oxford, or cambridge for nightlife. The difference is phenonemal.
5. Nottingham is a fair bit cheaper than Oxford to live in. I understand the Oxford students are petitioning for london weighting loans because some of them are so hard up.
6. Nottingham's campus is the best campus in the land. 14 bars as well as the city.
mind you, ahem missing out on the Oxford ARCHITECTURE...yes that might definitely seing my vote.....not!
newc0597 30.04.2004 18:21
Seems to be talking about Oxbridge and not really Nottingham University itself.
Badger_Boy 05.03.2004 00:55
Sorry but you told me nothing about the university.