Review of "Npower"

published 02/03/2012 | PCowell
Member since : 26/06/2011
Pro None
Cons They have given me a nervous breakdown with how awful they have acted.

"Everything is awful, they charge too much and bully and scare. "

I'm sat here in total shock that an energy company can act in such a way. I'm so numb I can't think if to scream uncontrollably here or go to their office and scream outside of that. They sent me a letter a while ago telling me they might have got their meter reading wrong where they mixed day and night up, so I phoned the number on the letter to ask why that would have happened and the woman told me that it was just something they sometimes send out and to ignore it because it's doubtful they would have got the reading wrong. Then as a person who has one storage heater and a calor gas heater so that I don't have to spend too much in electricity, I had a bill for £900 pounds. I phoned the company in shock and the man on the phone told me to do a meter reading, then told me they had got it wrong so they would send me another bill with the correct reading. Instead of another bill, I had a letter from a debt collection agency threatening me with legal action if I didn't pay £900 plus extra for sending it to a debt collection ageny. I phoned the company back up and a woman told me there was no record that I had done the meter reading and to do it again, then told me it was wrong. I'm hoping they'll send me a proper bill as if not I'm going to have to sue them for mental distress. If it's so bad for me, then how would be be for an old person? I read another review site and everybody is saying similar things, so how do they get away with it?

• pink_champagne published 03/03/2012
    I can sympathise, we had one awful experience after another with them, we have finally changed to EDF who so far have been miles better
  • hogsflesh published 03/03/2012
    Ask for details of their formal complaints procedure, and if they don't sort it out take it to nthe Energy Ombudsman (http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html). It might take a little while, but that should get it sorted out. Your local Citizens Advice Bureau might also be able to offer assistance.
  • princesschaos published 02/03/2012
    This is terrible! I hope you can get this sorted!

offers "Npower"