Number Ones - Michael Jackson

Number Ones - Michael Jackson

Review of "Number Ones - Michael Jackson"

published 08/07/2004 | harvi22
Member since : 23/06/2004
Pro Wicked songs on one CD, The best of Jacko
Cons Well not much just focus on the music career
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics
How does it compare to the artist's other releases

"you Can't stop till you get enough"

Michael Jackson is a legend what more can I say the album it says all. All the number ones rolled into one album. What more do you need for a number one selling album.
Whenever Jacko releases a single I really enjoy it but I would never have said I was a great fan of his until listening to the pure talent that is shown on this album. It is truly unbelievable that someone can have so many popular songs but be portrayed as someone so ungrateful and mean.
However in many peoples eyes as well as mine he is still the king of pop and will continue if given the chance to get on.

Anyway back to the album, majority of the songs I have heard, as they are classics but never listened to them all at once.
This has so many mixtures of songs and there is something for everyone. You can really see how his music has improved and matured.
I would say his music expresses a lot of meaning and feelings, which are important in music as it is not only to be enjoyed but to be understood.

The Tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) Don’t stop till you get enough- timeless classic this really reminds me of Rush hour which is one of my favourite films so I absolutely love this. You can really sing along with it as it is catchy and has a great tune that you can get up to dance to. The lyrics are so fun and he sings in a really high pitch which shows his variety in singing.

2) Rock wit it- I have to admit I had never heard of his song before I got the album. Its quite calm you can really do what the song says eg relax your mind. Its so cool and calm and he sounds great

3) Billie Jean- this is one of my favourite songs on here it’s really upbeat and the beat is great, catchy and goes well together. You can really sing along to it. This really shows how talented he is.

4) Beat it- starts off with a weird tune then begins to get upbeat and makes you want to nod your head

5) Thriller- love this wicked tune, you can really imagine the video this makes you want to do the little THRILLER dance lol. Oh the voice at the end is very creepy.

6) Human Nature- beautiful song. he sounds so lovely so peaceful and hits the heart. He does lovely slow songs

7)I just cant stop loving you- again lovely can't believe that is his voice unbelievable! really. Peaceful tune beautiful lyrics

8) BAD- oh who's bad? i am wiked song classic. Upbeat groovy. reminds me of the ghost busters lol. cool lyrics so smooooothhhh. catchy im bad im bad im really really bad.

9) The way you make me feel- ahh wicked everyone knows this. loads of oohs and ahhs.
great tune sounds great with the beats.
very high pitched. the way you make feel it really turns me on ohhhhh

10) Dirty Diana- very deep song and deep beat, very intense! songs good though really works. very fast singing. a bit of rock init just a lil though. really good song

11) smooth criminal- great once again great beat i feel im repeating but its really true. you can sing along very catchy are you okay. pure smooth criminal

12)Black or white- classic, so upbeat and catchy everyone knows this song and the lyrics.
Its true though doesn't matter if your black or white. he sings the truth. love it

13)you are not alone- peaceful song. so talented in his slow songs. really makes you think and wonder who he is singing about.

14) Earth song- this was huge i rememebr this song the most when i was young. sings about the world its true what he says. sounds great. slow but with a peaceful beat

15)blood on the dance floor- i that keen on this but its okay. sounds okay for jacko.

16)You rock my world- i remember this i couldnt get it out of my head it wicked still play it alot. it shows he's still got it in him. classic. fab tune and beat and lyrics.

17) Break of Dawn- again i do prefer the other i dont know this as well as the others but it sounds good. interesting lyrics

18) one more chance- he really needs it. its one of his recent songs. i think it has real meaning and thought gone into it. it does sound really nice and you think about this.
Lovely song its true one more chance in love everyone needs it.

Overall i love this album i listen to it when i need to chill and have some of me time. the case is great as they are differnt album covers you can buy and for £8.99 its great i even brought it for my friend.

• mimicmwb published 04/09/2006