Review of "Nurture Replenish Day Cream SPF 15"

published 03/06/2017 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention” Thanks for all the reads, rates, appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved.
Pro Includes functional SPF 15, carefully designed
Cons Long ingredients list and includes one that may cause blocked pores and spots
How easily is it absorbed?

"~*~ Nurture and claim me ~ Roll back the Mileage ~*~"

Nurture Replenish Day Cream SPF 15

Nurture Replenish Day Cream SPF 15

Nurture Replenish Day Cream SPF15

Most months I buy a beauty box and enjoy trying many of the products in the box, recently I bought a box that included this day cream and here is my review:

Nuture:

They say that they utilise a combined expertise in nutritionists, doctors and dermatologists to develop a unique two step holistic approach to optimum skin and hair health. They further advise that their customers are individuals and they have a UK call centre were the customer can phone in to talk to one of a hundred trained and friendly advisors for advice on health and beauty needs.

’We are committed to providing you with only the highest quality products to help you see real results and feel the nurture difference.’

Nuture are part of Healthspan and the company is based in the Channel Islands.

Animal Testing:

’We never test any of our products on animals. Nor do we source raw materials which have been tested on animals’

So based on this information from their website, I decided to buy the box and give at least one of their products a try.

Packaging:

The day cream is packaged in a gold coloured square box, clearly featuring the name of the product Nurture Replenish and their logo. At the top in white text is the category of the product being ’Day Cream SPF 15’. On the outside of the box are the directions and explanation of why they are different. Also on one side of the outside of the box is a table giving the notable active ingredients information being Phytoestrogens of Lipobelle Soyaglycone, Vitamin E, Starflower Oil and Sage Extract. Inside there is a leaflet that explains about the range and their two step system.

The container is clear glass look plastic with a smaller white inner container and has a clear sticker on the outside with all the name and brief details, including that the moisturiser should be used within 12 months of opening and that the user should read the instructions as well as that the container holds 50ml. Topped with a white screw on/off 62mm diameter lid which is hand friendly to undo and do up.

First Impressions:

It is hard not to be impressed by the packaging that is carefully designed to look high end and on opening the container the moisturiser is protected by a foil seal. The cream is a white, glossy cream that holds its shape and has a delicate soft and floral fragrance. I scoop a little out onto my clean finger and dab a little onto each cheek, before rubbing the cream into my skin using upwards and outward strokes. I was very surprised how thick this cream is and how it stays on the skin for a while white, it is more like a sun screen that a moisturiser and the reason why became apparent when I looked up the ingredients in my note book.

Ingredients:

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Alcohol, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, PEG-8, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract,Soy Isoflavones, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid

Main Five Ingredients:

C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate is a long chain alcohol and benzoic acid ester used as an emollient and thickening agent, although some sources suggest it is also useful as a skin conditioner.

Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate is the sunscreen element of the cream and it is interesting that it is the main ingredient after emollient. Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate works by scattering the UVA rays so that the skin is protected.
Cetyl Alcohol also known as hexadecan-1 and is designed to give products good spreadability.

Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane is widely used in sun protection products and also in cleansers, hair and nail products.

Dimethicone is a silicone designed to give a silky feel and helps to fill in fine lines, you will find this in most primers. There are some claims that it can block pores and irritate acne prone skin.

Ongoing Use and Further Thoughts:

Prior to trying this day cream I’d been using a human guinea pig blind testing product and Time Bomb, both products that glide easily onto the skin and sink in quickly without any apparent trace, so the first morning I tried this cream was a bit of a shock. By working the cream gently and giving myself a mini facial, I soon dispersed the cream so that it was no longer glaringly obvious on my face so that I looked like a Geisha Girl. Subsequently, I am prepared for this difference and remind myself that I chose this product because it is SPF 15 something that I want to be using for the sunnier weather.

My morning routine is to moisturise when I get out of the shower and then to have my morning drink before going back and putting on my foundation ten to twenty minutes later. Certainly, using this method, when I put my foundation on it glides over the moisturiser and stays well, just as with any other product I use.

I was very pleased with the products I was using before and how they left my skin, so I cannot report any miraculous improvements since using this cream, I can say however that my skin is soft and healthy looking when using this product with the added bonus that I know I have sufficient sun protection product on my face for my lunchtime walk, although my foundation also claims SPF 15, prior to changing to this day cream, I was getting a little concerned about the effectiveness of that product against the lunch time sun, with my forehead and nose feeling prickly and uncomfortable.

There is a chance it may be unrelated, I certainly cannot report any dramatic sensitivity issues or rashes from using this product, but after about ten days of use, I have had a small break out of two very annoying spots. I was an acne sufferer for a short time in my twenties, but I am fortunate that once my doctor helped clear that up, I am not generally a sufferer of spots and so on. I cannot honestly blame this product, but would refer the reader back to the information above about Dimethicone.

The range is designed for women in their forties, fifties and beyond. Nuture state that their Replenish range comprises of a range of products that all contain phytoestrogens (natural plant oestrogens) to help replenish natural levels of oestrogen lost for menopausal or post menopausal skin. They say that this product contains Lipobelle Soyaglycone that they describe as a more active form of phytoestrogens and they claim has been shown to improve skin density by up to 17%, and reduce lines and wrinkles. Mibellebiochemistry.com advise that Lipobelle Soyaglycone is the biologically active form of the most abundant isoflavone in soya and that they active ingredient known as Genistein from soya actually increases skin thickness by 12% and can make skin appear five years younger.

’Genistein not only greatly stimulates the production of collagen but it also prevents its degradation by matrix metalloproteinases.’ (Mibellviochemistry accessed June 2017).

Metalloproteinases is something mostly associated with wound healing.

Soya has long been associated as a super product for menopausal women to use and according to the BBC website Phytoestrogens found in soya have been found to help block the effects of excess oestrogen in the body and they even help by balancing the imbalance in the ratio between oestrogen and progesterone and for this reason many women add soya to their diet when they reach menopause. So, it is understandable that a range designed with nutritionists for menopausal skin will include this potentially important extraction from soya.

I have been using this for a few weeks now and despite it seeming thick to spread, I have barely dented the contents of the jar and therefore I think it will be excellent value for money.

Price& Availability:

Priced at just 14.00 for the 50ml jar, this day cream can be bought directly from the website https://www.healthspan.co.uk/nurture-skincare.

~*~

Conclusion:

Having become used to the difference in texture and spreadability of the cream, I quite like this cream and I suspect that long term use would be needed to see if there any real benefits and if it really lives up to the claims. My fine lines and wrinkles are certainly not any more visible than before I was using this product and my skin retains the same healthy look it had before I started. Understandably as they are major ingredients in the product the sun protection quality is very good and it is certainly an added bonus when a product performs more than one task. I really rate the Time Bomb day cream I was using but that does not have any SPF and comes in at a hefty £66.00 price tag for 100ml or £30.00 for 45ml, whilst this Nurture version includes good sun protection and comes in at just under £15.00. Therefore, sensibly, if the spots clear up and the cream continues to perform well, it makes sense to buy this again, which I anticipate I may well do. I am happy to recommend this cream for women that fall into the age range it is designed for.

Stars: