Nuxe Body Long-Lasting Deodorant

Nuxe Body Long-Lasting Deodorant

Deodorant - Roll On

Review of "Nuxe Body Long-Lasting Deodorant"

published 12/07/2017 | Nymphypig
Member since : 14/05/2015
Pro Gorgeous smell,gentle to skin, alcohol free
Cons Expensive, no anti perspirant properties
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Pampering my pits!"

Some time ago, I received a sample sized tube of a Nuxe Shower Oil in a beauty box, and although many products in the boxes I tend to use and then quickly forget about, this sample started a bit of a love affair with the brand for me ... I've since received other products from the range in subsequent subscription boxes, but I've also gone out and bought items for myself, and requested them from others as gifts,having been impressed initially with the quality and the fragrance of the first products. One of the items in the range I purchased for myself recently was their deodorant - I'm typically a bog standard cheap 90p roll on kind of girl, but with a birthday coming up soon I decided a bit of luxury was in order!

Price and Availability

I purchased directly from the website at £8.50 for a 50ml roll on. Nuxe Products are also stocked in Marks and Spencers and in Boots, although you won't see any variation in price, and I tend to prefer buying directly from Nuxe themselves, as they include a free mini product and 3 smaller free samples with every order, allowing me to experience more of the range.The website also offers free delivery over £35.
The Deodorant

This deodorant claims to offer 24 odour protection, and contains natural alum and silver powder, and does not contain alcohol. I was pleased with the lack of alcohol as I do find, particularly after shaving my underarm, that some alcohol based products can cause irritation. This however is really gentle- no irritation at all.

This rolls on easily, and has a very subtle scent to it - Nuxe describe it as Coconut Sorbet, White Blossom and Wild Vanilla. You can smell the coconut if you just sniff the deodorant itself, but once applied it seems to lose the coconut, and I just get vanilla and blossom, I don't really smell the coconut once on.

Nevertheless, it's a light, sweet fragrance,subtle, but lasting - if I sniff myself hours after applying I can still pick up the sweet scent. That said, I've not found it to really conflict with any of the perfumes I wear, though I do tend to go for sweet scents anyway, so other people may have a different experience.

Drying does seem to take a while, but it does dry clear so I don't have to worry about white marks on clothing, useful for me as I tend to favour blacks and dark colours where such marks would really show. It does leave skin under the arms feeling slightly powdery,but not dried out.

It is worth bearing in mind that this is merely a deodorant, and not an antiperspirant. Personally I prefer to be dry AND sweet smelling, so for me, this isn't suitable for very hot days or days when I plan a lot of exercise, as I tend to get a bit moister than I'd like (but still smell pretty). I do like to use this on cooler days though, as I really do like the smell.

Final Thoughts

Personally, I purchased this merely out of interest to try a product in the range that I hadn't experienced so far. I do think it's pricey at £8.50, and even if it had been both antiperspirant and deodorant, I think that price point would stop it being a regular purchase, and although this is undeniably a luxury product from a luxury brand, I think if I was buying a treat in future I'd go for another product in the range, as applying a roll on to my armpits in the morning isn't exactly an indulgent spa like experience. Still, as a deodorant only, it can't be faulted on performance, and so I'd happily still give it 4 stars.

• Secre published 18/07/2017
    Nice
  • euphie published 16/07/2017
    vh :o)
  • siberian-queen published 15/07/2017
    nice

offers "Nuxe Body Long-Lasting Deodorant"