Review of "Nuxe Soleil Prodigieux Multi-Purpose Cream"

published 09/05/2006 | ailuj34
Member since : 30/03/2006
Pro It's A Moisturizer,Protector, Tan Activator & Self Tan Effect All-In-One!
Cons Costly

"Had A NUXE Of Plain Moisturisers?"

~~ NUXE (Paris) Soleil Prodigieux *8* Multi-Puropse Cream ~~
=================================================

50ml tube. I have seen this in Boots.

I was lucky enough to have been given this unusual face and neck cream. With nothing to loose, I thought I would give it a go!

*Packaging*

The box that this cream comes in in a distinctive bronze/gold colour. At the top of the rectangular box is a green tree with the word NUXE written underneath it in white writing with a green background.

Underneath the tree in dark brown are the words Soleil Prodigieux, then underneath that there is a white number 8 (IP/SPF), followed by the discription of the cream below.

The box also states that the effectiveness tests are conducted under dermatological supervision and with no mineral oils. Nuxe is nature-derived formulas in optimum concentrations for maximum effectiveness.

*Other Factors*

This cream is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, it's not tested on animals, contains no artificial colouring agents or animal ingredients. GOOD! (Oh, it's made in France).

* What Is It? *

On the box it states that this is a multi-purpose cream that does all the following - moisturizing, protecting, tan activator, self-tan effect with phototan and lichee. It is for all skin types. It is also a sun protection factor 8 cream. This is a 50ml/ 1.7oz net weight tube of cream.

This multi-effect day cream optimises the first rays of the sun by stimulating melanin. The phototan creates a 'reservoir' which is activated to accelerate tan at the slightest sun exposure. DHA contributes to a light self tan effect. There is a performing trio of plants - lichee, carline and imperata cylindrica which moisturise the skin intensely.

Sunactul prevents and repairs the skin cell damage which is linked to the sun exposure. Two powerful anti-oxidants which are tomato lycopene and lady thistle seed oil are all combined with the sunscreens to help protect your skin's youthful (unsure mine is that!) appearance.

*Instructions*

Before you expose your skin to first sunlight, you must apply this cream every morning on the face and neck. Also ideal when sun is weak (SPF8). Continue to use after holidays to prolong tan. Wash hands after application. (I think this is because of the tanning formula may leave hands yellow/orange).

*Want To Contact Them?*

Laboratoire NUXE, 25 Rue Des Petits-hotels, 75010, Paris. www.nuxe.com.

*My Opinion*

This is the first time I have ever used this cream. It is a creamy texture which smells delicious and leaves your skin feeling silky soft.

The smell is of what smells similar to Nivea, flowery with spicy undertones.

My skin is soft and looks healthier. I have a slight tan, and it doesn't look like I've just sprayed fake tan all over myself and gone orange. It's a healthy natural colour just like you would get from walking around in the sun for the day.

I would buy this again as it really is a multi purpose cream. You have the moisturising with the added benefit of sun protection. The cream also activates your tan and has the added bonus of having a self-tan effect as well. I havn't heard of any other cream that is so versatile. I am going to give this the thumbs up!!!

• harrisjalil published 22/05/2006
    Looks nice-- harris :-)
  • kenzita published 11/05/2006
    I'm a huge fan of nuxe's ;o)
  • baby_uk published 11/05/2006