Review of "Nylabone Puppy Teething Keys"

published 26/04/2012 | Kristoph23
Member since : 07/01/2012
Finally back to do some more reviews been over a year, wow time flies.
Pro They assist your dog in many ways
Cons Perhaps trying to find this product
Length of interest
Safety

"Shake, Rattle and Chew"

I have got a four month old puppy that currently has issues with teething and I was told to look around for teething toys and I found this set of keys in a supermarket recently.

At first glance they look kind of fun and something you could imagine a child to have rather than a pet.

There are three keys in different colours and they are made from a very flexible material which allows the puppy to chew on them and bend them into different angles as well. The puppy I have uses these when he is in a lot of pain which is quite often at the moment and after a good 30 minutes of chewing he seems more relaxed.

The keys are all designed with different patterns on them but these keys assist with cleaning teeth as well which you can imagine with a dog which is teething can be difficult.

My dog has found these a great toy to have because he will go searching for the keys when he feels the urge to bite into something and these are a great idea because it means the puppy will bite into them rather than furniture.

My last puppy because we never got them teething toys would go around biting chunks out of carpets and also items of clothing and footwear. The keys are great because the little key ring which holds the keys on my dog likes to bite into this and then throw the toy into the air.

He also likes to shake the keys as if they were real keys so he is getting time to play with the item which is also cleaning his teeth and assisting in his pain relief as well.

One of the good points to this item is how easy it is to clean. My dog can hide these in the garden or worse muddy puddles. You do not want your dog to then use them inside their mouths so I usually get some hot water and rinse over them and they are plastic so drying and cleaning is very simple.

I like these personally because they are cheap mine cost me just £4.50 which I found excellent value for money but also they are so light in weight and very durable. My dog is forever chewing on them and only in the last few days has the red key begun to show signs of wear and tear.

I think the idea is excellent and clever and if you have a puppy who is teething these might be worth purchasing. There is a scent on them as well which helps them want the item but I have no idea what that smell is.

Overall a great product and one to consider for your puppy and each key is around 3 inches in length.

I would like to point out I have no idea what kind of chewer my dog is and how long they would last for each breed. I would stress this point as previous review sites people have moaned due to me not explaining that.

offers "Nylabone Puppy Teething Keys"