O2

Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of charges

"O2 Customer Services - What a shambles"

Well I have a few mixed feelings about O2. I think they are one of the better mobile phone operators and I do generally have good customer service from them. That is, when i\'m not complaining loads. Once you have a serious problem, they dont really want to know.

My problem was my old handset started to break, it was about 10 months old, and i only have a 12 month contract.

So i rang O2 to tell them it was a bit faulty, and ask them what i could do about it.

The man at the other end told me as i was paying quite a bit each month I was entitled to upgrade early. The only problem was the phone i wanted was out of stock. So he told me to ring back a week later to try again.

So thats exactly what I did, and again told that it was out of stock and to try again the following day. So again tried and tried for another 2 weeks. After been told it would be in the following day each time, which was a complete lie from O2, eventually the product was in stock.

So i took the oportunity to upgrade, when I was told I was not eligable as it had not been 12 months. I told them what had been said to me in my original conversation with them.

Eventually with no luck with the operator, I asked to speak to a manager, infact the duty manager of the evening. So eventually he came to the phone and told me what I wanted to hear, that it would not be a problem and that he would sort it out for me and get back to me the following day.

A few days went by and still I had not been contacted him, so I decided to ring O2 back, I asked to speak to this manager. I was told that they would get him to ring me back within a half hour. Still no luck, so i continued to pester them all afternoon.

Eventually I tried again with just a normal assistant. I explained my problem and was told the same thing again. I explained that it was written in my notes by the original operator and the manager that i spoke too, that i was elegable for an early upgrade.

However, I was told that all my notes had been deleted - Shock!

So I thought I\'d had enough. So i said that they can either do what there loyal customer for many years wanted and needed, especially after messing me around so much or I\'d leave O2.

So within a heart beat, they put me through to cancelations. So i thought I carry through with my threat.

The operator asked me what the problem was and if there is anyway I would stay with O2. So once again I explained the situation and stated my demands of the phone, and I even asked for it completely free as it was the nice expensive N95 I wanted.

So she went away and asked her manager. She came back and said that seen as i had been messed around so much they would do this for me, and I would have my phone completely free!

Happy Days!

Finally a conclusion!

So I had my nice new N95 a few days later.

This only goes to show the extent of what you need to do to get what you want in the relms of customer service.

I have lost my patients with O2 and when dealing with them in the future I will be on my toes.

Dont get me wrong, there are a few good operaters out there that know what they are talking about, but not very many.

So guys, a word of advice, be careful!

• Johnsie published 20/02/2008
    Update the review with a bit more meat on the bones and give me a shout and I will re-read...Just goes to show when you pester they crumble..nice one
  • Badger_Boy published 01/07/2007
    This doesn't strike me as very helpful....sorry.....
  • COOOEEE published 28/06/2007
    Sadly a list of specs does not make a review

Product Information : O2