Review of "OPI Shatter Nail Laquer Silver"

published 03/02/2012 | flwilson
Member since : 24/02/2011
Pro Cheap price, stays on well
Cons Slightly thicker in the bottle
Chips Easily?
Features

"Great shatter polish"

Shatter polish seemed to be all the trend so I thought I would give it a try. I normally use OPI nail polishes so was pleased to see that they sell the shatter range too. I wanted a black shatter as I feel it can go over the top of any colour polish.

I normally purchase my OPI nail polishes from ebay as I find they are cheaper there than if you were to buy them from a salon. I paid around £6 for my bottle which I think is a fair price to pay as most other makes in the shops would be around this much and I think OPI is a better make in my opinion.

You simply put a base coat of colour on your nails and let it dry for a few minutes to save smudging it when you put the black shatter polish on top. Then, you shake the bottle well and apply a thin coat of the black polish evenly over the nail. It will look streaky and like your whole nail is covered in black but just watch it and you will soon see it shatter. You simply apply this shatter polish to every nail and let it dry for a few minutes to ensure it has cracked as much as it is going to. You can then apply a clear top coat to keep it all in place and make your nails look shiny.

I recommend you only put one coat of coloured nail polish on under the shatter polish as it isn't necessary to have any more.

I have to say, it isn't the easiest polish I have ever used and it does seem a lot thicker in the bottle than normal colours are but I am guessing this is just part of what makes it shatter when it is on your nails. I find that this bottle stays useable for a lot longer than other makes of a similar product. Most other makes of this polish tend to dry up in the bottle fairly quickly but the OPI black shatter polish has not yet done this. I purchased it about 3 months ago and it is still in good working condition unlike other makes that my friends have tried.

I recommend this product to any girl who loves painting their nails. I think it is a must have for every girls nail polish collection as it is something different and looks great. It can be worn during the day or it an make that even outfit look that little bit more finished!!

• trayrope published 03/02/2012
    My daughter loves the cracked effect of these nail polishes.