OakFurnitureLand.co.uk

Home & Garden

Review of "OakFurnitureLand.co.uk"

published 13/02/2009 | parker7
Member since : 13/02/2009
Good
Pro Decent delivery times
Cons You have to help the delivery driver lift & move your own goods!! Outrageous!

"QUICK REVIEW ABOUT OAKFURNITURELAND.CO.Uk"

I ordered several heavy items of furniture from Okafurnitureland. I received an email which instructed me that only one person would be delivering the furniture and that I would need to help lift the furniture! I was appalled. I am an able bodied female but I wondered about anyone who was in ill health or was an older person. After helping the driver and working up a sweat getting my furniture into my flat, you need to take great care to unwrap each item (if you can) because the packaging may need to be re-used if the item needs sending back. It's disgraceful that you have to pay for the return of the goods even if it's not your fault! Given that the company say that blemished furniture is normal for Sale goods, I was dismayed to see several problems. Some pieces were damaged or blemished beyond the norm. I contacted the company within the stipulated 24hours and they have offered me £70 discount (I had forked out £1600). They got back in touch very soon. As for the general quality of the furniture, it's good but not great. One of the shelves in a bookcase had come adrfift in transit. It had been stapled in! I couldn't believe they would use solid wood and dovetail joints but use staples for the shelves! There were some really large gaps between drawers as well. By the end of my experience, I came to realise they knock these pieces up very quickly. I asked why they hadn't sent 2 delivery people but was told that too many items were getting damaged so they have reduced it down to one man! Seems illogical to me. A mixed experience overall.

• johnny040676 published 13/02/2009