Oil Safe Drum

Oil Safe Drum

Oil Safe Drums available in 1.5, 2, 3, 5 and 10 litre cannisters.

Review of "Oil Safe Drum"

published 29/02/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro everything
Cons There are no negatives at all
Performance
Ease of Use

"Still Banging on about my Drums"

The oil safe drums I use I have been buying from Buck & Hickman as I think they are the best and personally I think they offer the best value for money. These drums come in various sizes, ranging from 1 ½ litre, 2 litre, 3 litre, 5 or 10 litre. Buy the middle of the range 5 litre drum which costs me just short of £20, which I personally don’t think is too bad at all.

What I really like about these drums is that hey are all fully interchangeable with any of the oil safe lids you can get and added to this is the fact that they have really good solid wide opening necks which helps me not only when I am cleaning them out but also when I am transferring liquids from one container to another – it makes accidental spills a lot less likely.

I also like the fact that they are mostly opaque so I can see through them to the liquid inside and also they have good strong graduated markings which means I’m going to be a lot less likely to add contamination to the liquid as I can see perfectly well through the container. They have good strong sturdy handles which allows me to gain a good grip ad again minimizes the risk of spills when transporting. I like the fact that they are made of a good quality poly ix and I can say from personal experience that these drums are able to withstand extreme weather variations.

Obviously the storage lids are sold separately, but as I say, they are fully interchangeable which is an excellent selling point, I think. Added to all of this was the fact that I was pleasantly surprised to find that with my first order I also received (free of charge) some very handy storage labels for the drums, which just stick to the sides, enabling me to note the contents.

Overall, I have to say these are the best quality drums I have used. I really cannot say anything negative about them and I do thoroughly recommend them.

• thedevilinme published 29/02/2012
    i love the oddball mix of stuff you review.lol.