Review of "Olympus OM-10"

published 02/10/2008 | EccentricRichard
Member since : 02/10/2008
Pro Immensely robust, high-quality camera
Cons The ISO dial lets down the whole equation by being stupidly fiddly to use
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability
Size

"Olympus OM-10 35mm SLR camera"

A very good camera indeed, but one for the beginner. As all OM cameras are so cheap now on eBay, I'd recommend looking at an OM-20 or 30, which has no need for a manual adaptor to change shutter speeds. The ASA/ISO dial on top of the OM-10 is needlessly fiddly to use - my other OM cameras, a 30 and a 2SP, have a much nicer design which is much easier to use. However, as long as you're prepared to put up with that and having to get an adaptor (unless one comes with the camera), I would recommend the OM-10: the quality of the pictures it produces is very good. As it happens, I'm selling three of them myself - one with an adaptor, two without. The one with came with a 28-70mm Sigma lens and a not very nice Miranda 70-210mm. I'm keeping the Sigma for my own collection. The two others come with the very nice 50mm f2.8 lens. Anyway, private message me for details.

• majeedkazi published 02/10/2008